2014+ Leveling Kits

Guys

I’ve read every single post in this thread, but I’m simply confused on what I need to do for my truck. I have a bone stock 2018 Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate 4wd (22” wheels). I’m simply trying to raise the front of my truck up to level with the rear. I plan to keep the same stock wheels and tires. Can someone tell me what I need to get?

Thanks for the help. I’m not knowledgeable about vehicles and I need some help deciphering all the info I’ve been reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a42764225ab0a937139cef24caaceacf.jpg
You end up pulling the trigger on a level yet? I'm in the same boat now.

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 4WD that I had a locally manufactured 2.5 inch kit installed by a reputable shop which included 2” blocks in the rear. I love the new stance of the truck but now it has a vibration felt in the floorboard of the truck. Nothing through the steering. Any suggestions?

9 hours ago, Slick66 said:

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 4WD that I had a locally manufactured 2.5 inch kit installed by a reputable shop which included 2” blocks in the rear. I love the new stance of the truck but now it has a vibration felt in the floorboard of the truck. Nothing through the steering. Any suggestions?

What did the shop say about it?  That's the first place I would go.

What did the shop say about it?  That's the first place I would go.
Are the rear blocks tapered? If they are straight that could be a possible source of the vibration since you are changing the pinion angle. I am on the fence with doing an add a leaf or a +1" tapered block from readylift myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 1/23/2019 at 10:53 AM, bhales said:

2 inch RC Level front nothing changed in the rear and 285/60R20 Ridge Grappler

before and after 

before.jpg

after1.jpg

Nice truck (twin).  You say you did the 2" up front only but in your signature you mention the 2.5.  Did you do the full RC 2.5 kit or did you do just the less expensive option and lift the front only? 

I did go back to the shop and discuss it with the owner. He just blamed it on the change in pinion angle and stated that the new angle should seat itself after about 500 miles. He also stated that he had installed this kit in many other trucks with no issue. 

I am not sure if the rear blocks are tapered or not. They were used rear blocks from another truck that he had performed a lift on. I think that I am going to remove them and reinstall the stock blocks just to see if the vibration goes away. 

I am not sure if the rear blocks are tapered or not. They were used rear blocks from another truck that he had performed a lift on. I think that I am going to remove them and reinstall the stock blocks just to see if the vibration goes away. 

You can get tapered blocks from just about anyone. Look to see if if the rear blocks have a slight angle, looking from rear to front your rear blocks should have a slight angle downwards towards the front of your truck. Not having the right blocks will definitely give you vibrations and it’s an easy cheap fix.

Sent from above

Thank you. I will definitely check that out. Any idea how much of taper the blocks should be? I read on another post something about 2 degrees. 
Pinion angles don't "seat themselves". That's just them trying to say they did nothing wrong. The block kit i plan to buy that I would recommend is in the pic. I used ready lift blocks and u bolts on my old Silverado with zero issue.
I would strongly recommend replacing the u bolts if you go with another kit as they have a tendency to stretch when they are torqued. One benefit to the ready lift u bolts is they utilize fine thread pitch, where the oem is coarse. The fine thread pitch has more mechanical advantage when torqued and will not come loose. The oem u bolts are prone to loosening (happened to me when i bought my truck, and numerous others on posts i have read). Good luck. 22de9080d6d8173928309dd27a89d8f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you. I will definitely check that out. Any idea how much of taper the blocks should be? I read on another post something about 2 degrees. 

It’s going to be more of a universal slope but most of all you should know it’s all going to be worked out. As soon as you can, take a side pic of your rear blocks. Where are you located?

Sent from above

I am located in Northern Florida. 

Look for 4wheelparts, they’ll be available to help you. Call them and ask to speak with the manager, tell him you were told to contact them and get assistance with an issue. Don’t tell them where you had it done, just tell the manager your issues. IM me if you need assistance.

Sent from above