2014+ Leveling Kits

On 2/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, Chasenfins said:

When the shop did your leveling kit, did you have a 1" diff drop added as well? If not, the CV's are probably causing the vib. Simple install, takes about an 1.5hr my yourself and that well get you back close to factory angles while still maintaining the leveling kit. The diff drop spacer kits run about $40.  Just my 2 cents. 

It is recommended to install a diff drop when installing a 2" under-strut (Motofab) leveling block?

No it's not recommended when doing just a 2" level. A 2" under strut level is just a 1" spacer between  the lca and strut. A diff drop would be a good idea if your going over a 2 1/2" level, but I would advise against anything over a 2 1/2" level.

• Like 1

I just ordered readylift UCAs and 2" spacer level.  I'm taking a shot that I can do this an keep my stock wheels.  Hopefully it works

Please update, I’m thinking of going the same route. Are you running factory 20’s? And if so what tire size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, wepiii said:

Please update, I’m thinking of going the same route. Are you running factory 20’s? And if so what tire size

275/65/20 on stock 20s.  As of right now the only rub that I had was on the inner liner...which I have ziptied out of the way.

32 minutes ago, Scooter Scott said:

275/65/20 on stock 20s.  As of right now the only rub that I had was on the inner liner...which I have ziptied out of the way.

Thank you! Do you have the aluminum control arms or stamped steel? What size level? Also, any way you could post a picture?

I’m not sure why so many are against that extra 0.5” in going with a 3” level. I’ve seen guys say they’ve had no issues and some say they’ve “heard” horror stories. I wonder how much of this is first hand experience and how much is just people repeating what the internet experts or local tire shops are saying. My CV angles are at 11 degrees with a Crown Suspension 3” top mount spacer. No vibrations, no noises, etc. I plan on upgrading to some coilovers and adding a diff drop but I’m happy with it for now. I have RC Forged uppers and honestly this thing doesn’t ride any worse than stock. I’ve ran 2”, 2.5” kits and Bilsteins on previous trucks and really couldn’t tell a drastic difference in ride quality for any of the set ups. Regardless of what you go with, get an alignment once installed and regularly check your front end.

Yes I know the Cali lean is not a popular look around here. I’m running 315/70/17 KO2s. My front fenders are just shy of 41”

5add1eafe784081cfdf8c6f5cf88f60a.jpg

201e48e95460934b716e0e85b82dbf90.jpg

This is a Mcgaughys lift. Not sure what it is set to but my angles aren’t this bad. I know there are better lifts out there that give nearly stock angles but thought this was interesting being a “real” suspension lift.

9a4b617394f1bfb8a54a48e1d24c36f7.jpg

• Like 1

I’m not sure why so many are against that extra 0.5” in going with a 3” level. I’ve seen guys say they’ve had no issues and some say they’ve “heard” horror stories. I wonder how much of this is first hand experience and how much is just people repeating what the internet experts or local tire shops are saying. My CV angles are at 11 degrees with a Crown Suspension 3” top mount spacer. No vibrations, no noises, etc. I plan on upgrading to some coilovers and adding a diff drop but I’m happy with it for now. I have RC Forged uppers and honestly this thing doesn’t ride any worse than stock. I’ve ran 2”, 2.5” kits and Bilsteins on previous trucks and really couldn’t tell a drastic difference in ride quality for any of the set ups. Regardless of what you go with, get an alignment once installed and regularly check your front end.

Yes I know the Cali lean is not a popular look around here. I’m running 315/70/17 KO2s. My front fenders are just shy of 41”

This is a Mcgaughys lift. Not sure what it is set to but my angles aren’t this bad. I know there are better lifts out there that give nearly stock angles but thought this was interesting being a “real” suspension lift.

Mind putting up a pic of how much you trimmed to get those tires to fit in there?

20 hours ago, langston1726 said:

your sig says 2" level and 1.5" BL. Did you keep the BL on? If you did then that means you have 4.5" of lift in the front to clear those 35s, correct?

your sig says 2" level and 1.5" BL. Did you keep the BL on? If you did then that means you have 4.5" of lift in the front to clear those 35s, correct?

Sig is from a previous truck. I don’t even see it using Tapatalk.

Mind putting up a pic of how much you trimmed to get those tires to fit in there?  

I originally trimmed the plastic protectors and massaged the fenders back. I ended up doing the Zone trim plates to get a little more clearance. I think I could put new plastic protectors on and it would clear now. Only rub is at full lock in reverse on the carpet liner.

db25c28cb6110f0151d5a2369776dae3.jpgb0c4fc6fb4095b787846841300cb02c2.jpg5c3d292dc42ad4e7bf88eebab276da6e.jpg

I originally trimmed the plastic protectors and massaged the fenders back. I ended up doing the Zone trim plates to get a little more clearance. I think I could put new plastic protectors on and it would clear now. Only rub is at full lock in reverse on the carpet liner.  
db25c28cb6110f0151d5a2369776dae3.jpgb0c4fc6fb4095b787846841300cb02c2.jpg5c3d292dc42ad4e7bf88eebab276da6e.jpg

That looks like pretty minimal cutting, I like it. What are the zone trim plates? Never heard of those