2014+ Leveling Kits

No will not void warranty.. Just tell your service manager its been leveled.. . I'm waiting for bilstein to level over the spacers. Ride with bilsteins will actually be better!. Yes for alignment Easy very easy installation

This! the Bilsteins 5100s will raise the front form 0 to 2 !/2 inches. Your choice and you can change it. Great ride on the Bilsteins over oem and rancho. Really worth the try unless you just do not care about ride...second mod on my truck after new tires to replace oems...

• Like 1

This! the Bilsteins 5100s will raise the front form 0 to 2 !/2 inches. Your choice and you can change it. Great ride on the Bilsteins over oem and rancho. Really worth the try unless you just do not care about ride...second mod on my truck after new tires to replace oems...

After checking the price on the Bilsteins 5100 for 2013 silverados, I can see this as being an affordable and proper way to lift the front end of the 2014 Silverado, for $100 a shock, not bad !!

Will the stock spring work with these adjustable 5100s though?

Edited by arkenzo

I am was told from an online vendor, below, that its the same part number as the 2013 version. Does that sound right? I was planning on installing a ready lift kit on Friday (appt setup already), and may switch gears quick if I can get the 5100 series.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/f4-be5-e376-h0-silverado-bilstein.html

I leveled the front with a 3" kit from CCm Offroad (The kit I used fit 2007-2014), I also have air bags in the back I tow a trailer and didn't want the back to sag. the tires are cooper neon ltz 305/55r20

I also painted the center caps of the rims to match the rims. De badges and tinted the windows.

post-125077-0-00196500-1384293027_thumb.jpg

post-125077-0-53527500-1384293042_thumb.jpg

Edited by tutiii
  • Like 4

I would have to agree with you, I proposed this in another thread and was told it was due to the bolt being stretched.

MIke

Mike,

That's correct but the stretching is in the threads not the bolt itself. Some guidelines could be overkill for instance they also suggest torquing those nuts again at 1000 miles. Since you are going past the threads that may have pulled then run a die over the threads to clean them up? That's my plan! Plenty of opinions the opposite...

"The Wagon Way"

The U-bolt Dilemna

Posted on May 28th, 2011

By Tony K

To re-use leaf spring u-bolts or not? That is the question.

Seems like the most common answer is to never re-use but I want to know why. Seems to be a lot of opinion in this area but opinions are of little help, facts are what I am interested in.

I have never broken a u-bolt during the tightening process or found one of the nuts loose when taking them apart. And there are plenty of bolts on our rigs that are tightened much more frequently than the u-bolts and we don’t throw them away. Just how many times have you torqued the lugnuts on your rig? Probably a couple hundred times now including numerous times by the tire shop with a carelessly used impact gun all with no ill effects. So why should I throw out my u-bolts after tightening them once?

The always replace them crowd seems to be led by the aftermarket manufacturers. No surprise there as they make money when you buy parts. But many of their reasons for replacement seems more sales pitch than technical know how.

According to Bilstein, maximum lift for the 5100's is 1.7". And you can only adjust them by taking the strut apart.

Edited by TooTall1

I am curious to those that posted they already leveled thier trucks. I just left the shop and they installed a Ready Lift 2.25" leveling kit. What is strange is that the front is now higher than the rear, if measured accross the center of the tire, from the ground to the wheel well. The front is 1.5" higher than the rear. My mechanic stated to give it a few days to settle and if I want, he can pull the bottom spacer out.

Did anyone else measure the final level dims? It looks good, but I can see its higher.

I had a 2" level added to my truck last week and it looks great! I have a problem though- it has an occasional "popping" noise when I turn or accelerate/decelerate. The truck accessory store that installed the kit said the 07-13 leveling kits fit the 2014. I didn't think much of it because the business has credibility. Now I am hearing conflicting stories about whether the 07-13 fit the suspension of the 2014. What should I do now? Although I am happy with the appearance of the truck, I am not satisfied with the occasional popping noise.

Edited by WJRX10

I had a 2" level added to my truck last week and it looks great! I ahve a problem though- it has an occasional "popping" noise when I turn or accelerate/decelerate. The truck accessory store that installed the kit said the 07-13 leveling kits fit the 2014. I didn't think much of it because the business has credibility. Now I am hearing conflicting stories about whether the 07-13 fit the suspension of the 2014. What should I do now? Although I am happy with the appearance of the truck, I am not satisfied with the occasional popping noise. It's a $50k truck for pete's sake

Its not the trucks fault.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am not blaming the truck. I am trying to figure out the cause of the popping noise. Could it be the 07-13 leveling kit does not properly fit my '14? or is the occasional popping normal for a new install? It didn't do this prior to the install.

Not quite sure what tell you. I'm new to trucks but not to suspension systems and one thing I can advise is to wait for systems designed for the 2014. Even though some systems might bolt on, doesn't quite make sense to be the guinea pig.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Have the shop who installed the kit t/s the cause of the popping noise. Its likely a problem with the install. You have a right to have a proper performing system, and If the company is reputable, they will honor their shop warrantee.

As far as the OP goes, Most here will recommend an alignment after install but its not absolutely mandatory. Monitor your tire wear. If the outside starts to wear faster than the inside, then have your camber adjusted. That's all there is too it. You could also likely install it yourself, its not hard. worst part is you'll need a friend to pry the lower control arms down while you fight the struts into place. Everything else goes pretty easy. And I believe it was mentioned you'll need to separate the ball joint and sway bar links. If you have any sort of tool selection you can handle it. There are tons of videos on youtube of 2007-2013 being done, the process is the same!

Have the shop who installed the kit t/s the cause of the popping noise. Its likely a problem with the install. You have a right to have a proper performing system, and If the company is reputable, they will honor their shop warrantee.

As far as the OP goes, Most here will recommend an alignment after install but its not absolutely mandatory. Monitor your tire wear. If the outside starts to wear faster than the inside, then have your camber adjusted. That's all there is too it. You could also likely install it yourself, its not hard. worst part is you'll need a friend to pry the lower control arms down while you fight the struts into place. Everything else goes pretty easy. And I believe it was mentioned you'll need to separate the ball joint and sway bar links. If you have any sort of tool selection you can handle it. There are tons of videos on youtube of 2007-2013 being done, the process is the same!

When you install a leveling kit the toe is the main setting affected, you will definitely have uneven tire wear without an alignment. On my '10, that had 500 miles on it when I installed my 2 in level, the shop told me the toe was way off and caster on one side was slightly off. Now I'm not saying every truck will be off like mine was, but if you want your tires to last an alignment needs to be accomplished.