2014+ Leveling Kits

New to level kits but need some advice. By reading most of the forums I would like to level with at least a 2 inch in the front of my 2014 Sierra.

So if the dealership or GM service will not install these, Who should I look for to do this in my area?

It's extremely simple to install. If you don't have a socket set find a buddy who does and ask him for a hand. It will only take an hour or so. Maybe 2-3 if you are very inexperienced.

http://www.roughcountry.com/leveling-lift-kits/chevrolet-leveling-lift-kits.html?vehicle_year=61

• Like 1

I have seen several mentions of leveling kits. Never having one, I had a few questions:

What purpose do they serve?

Do they affect handling/trailering?

Does it change the front to rear axle weight ratio?

Does it affect fuel consumption?

the main purpose is aesthetics. Since the rear end is raised a couple inches to accommodate sag when towing, we raise the front to level the truck out and even the spacing between the tires and the fenders.

It also helps if you are looking to put larger tires on without rubbing. If you have no intentions of larger tires, I wouldn't do it. Some guys just like the more even appearance. Its all personal preference though.

• Like 1

as far as purpose what ^^^^ he said. weight ratio no it does not affect it. handling not really that I have noticed but I only had mine for about a day. fuel mileage. you prob will see a drop but mainly when your driving on the open highway. your MPG's might drop about 1 mpg give or take.

EDIT: also as far as purpose you get a little more ground clearance. so if you ever do have to go off road or hell even just going over some curbs, you have that much more room.

Edited by thewhitestallion

With yall that have a level. How tall is it suppose to be? And what does the block actually measure out to be? For an example i habe a 2" truxx fromt level but the block is only 1"... Is that normal?

yeah it's normal. The ratio is somewhere around 2 to 1 for the front spacers.

2014 Sierra with 2.5" rough country leveling kit on 20x10 wheels and 295/55/20 nitto trail grapplers. It had a lot of rub at full wheel lock which I fixed by hammering in inner fender where plastic fender trim bolts into inner fender wheel well. Lots of people cut inner wheel well and grind off inner sheet metal to clear tires when turning. Hammer worked for me and cleared the tires. You can't even tell anything was modified. Looks completely stock unlike others who have trimmed there wheel wells on previous model to fit tires. If anyone is looking to do a 20x10 wheel go with 5" backspacing. I went with the 4.75" backspacing since thats the only backspacing they had available in the Fuel Maverick 2-Piece wheels which I like a lot more than there 1 piece wheels. The 2piece wheel comes in a nice gloss black finish while the one piece wheels come in flat black and looks more like an undercoating finish which i didn't like.

A 295/55/20 might work on a 20x10 wheel with 5" backspacing with slight modifications with a hammer like i did. If none/or very slight modifications want to be done to clear the 20x10 wheel with a 5" backspacing go with a 285/55/20 tire. Just my suggestion to anyone wanting to do 20x10.

I will post more pics of where I hammered to clear tires and do a video to post on youtube.

post-128074-0-93950700-1393829008_thumb.jpg

Edited by alexgg2
  • Like 3

I've got a 2014 Denali.

I've got the 20x9 KMC D2's and Toyo 285/55r20 sittin gat the shop ready to go.

I ran the same combo on a 2012 Avalanche with very little "reverse-over-a-bump-rubbing-at-full-lock" rub

Do you guys think I'll need a level? Hope not.

• Like 1

Getting ready to have a 2.25" level installed by the dealer and am going to look into have some tires thrown on as well. Trying to decide on the exact size of the tire, currently I'm thinking the toyo open country a/t II 275/65/20... but was looking to see what else you guys have installed and how they look. Thanks!