In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i put my RC 2" level kit and Toyo 295/55/20's on this weekend. Install was simple, just like on my 2011. It definitely helps to have an extra set of hands when wedging that spacer in there. 295/

Thanks. Here is one more from yesterday. Considering we're getting 8-10 inches of rain the next two days, I won't be taking any better pics soon.  

Mine is finally done! After months of research I went with the RC 2.5" level kit front only, stock rear block. 20"x9" Fuel Nutz w/ +1 offset, 33x12.50x20 Toyo M/T tires. No rubbing, No trimming, yet a

Posted Images

yes the backside of the liner rubs but i cut that out with a razor blade and it doesn't rub now. and yes you will need an offset , it won't fit with stock rims ur front end will need to come up at least 2"

295/70r18 won't fit on stock wheels? What do you mean come up 2 inches in front? As in a level? Or are you talking offset?

Diameter wise 295/70/17 will likely be fine it will be offset that will be the question. 295/70/17 is roughly 33.3-33.5"x12ishx17. Again like most 33-34" tires the thickness will be the issue. I suggest +12-0-12 offset.

I think AZ has his 295/55/20s not rubbing with +19 offset on fuel Mavericks. I've since switched my choice to method mesh at 0 offset. Should he good to go on either 285/70/17 or 295/70/17

Yeah you're spot on with the offset for that size tire. 295/70/17 has been done on here, with KMC addicts (+18?)

AZ has 295/55/20 on fuel mavericks with +1 offset. You will be fine with 295/70/17 on 0 offset

295/70r18 won't fit on stock wheels? What do you mean come up 2 inches in front? As in a level? Or are you talking offset?

stock offset and that size will rub UCA/sway bar. This has been a pretty common topic on the debate of 295/70 in a 17" vs 18" wheel.

I'd really like to go that size in an 18" wheel if I could confirm offset. But then again - every tire is manufactured at a slightly different spec as well. frustation kicking in lol

stock offset and that size will rub UCA/sway bar. This has been a pretty common topic on the debate of 295/70 in a 17" vs 18" wheel.

I'd really like to go that size in an 18" wheel if I could confirm offset. But then again - every tire is manufactured at a slightly different spec as well. frustation kicking in lol

That's weird. Gmccoop is running 35x12.5 on factory 18's (with a 3" level) and allegedly isn't rubbing the uca or sway bar. A 295/70r18 isn't any bigger.

What leveling kit and what are your rubber's width etc?

3" fabtech and I'm running 35.12.50.18 BFG All Terrain KO2s 0efb08f61a40b006f02eb2040ed0b805.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk<br/>

Tanner you're correct it sometimes depends on the tire and the how thick it is. The guy told me that if i went above anything more than +6 offset that my tires would rub the sway bar and i believe it. and yes at least 2" up front to clear 33's and the picture above hes running a 3" but i still dk how he doesnt rub unless the tread isnt very knobby. an 0 offset is the best way to go in my opinion

Hey does anyone know if 295 60 20 toyo open country at 2 extreme would fit on a 14 sierra with 2 inch front level kit on stock 20s???Thanks

You will need a 2.5" level. That is what I have tire size and level. I do get a noise once in a while. Still haven't figured it out yet. But it barely rubs somewhere. Not too worried about it. No marks that I have found yet.

Tanner you're correct it sometimes depends on the tire and the how thick it is. The guy told me that if i went above anything more than +6 offset that my tires would rub the sway bar and i believe it. and yes at least 2" up front to clear 33's and the picture above hes running a 3" but i still dk how he doesnt rub unless the tread isnt very knobby. an 0 offset is the best way to go in my opinion

I've got a level in box still that needs to go on, I was hoping a 1/2"s spacer would be enough but that would put me around +18 ish. may just have to get new wheels...[emoji2] I was hoping to stick with the stockers as I like them.

That's weird. Gmccoop is running 35x12.5 on factory 18's (with a 3" level) and allegedly isn't rubbing the uca or sway bar. A 295/70r18 isn't any bigger.

3" fabtech and I'm running 35.12.50.18 BFG All Terrain KO2s 0efb08f61a40b006f02eb2040ed0b805.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk<br/>

I know its hard to say for sure it's really trial by fire. There's a lot of people with 3" levels as well - running 35x12.5 on stock wheels with no rub ahah. Sometimes it doesn't make sense unless everyone is just saying what we want to hear.

There's a lot of factors, level, tires, offset, alignment etc. but I tend to just stick with the "gaurenteed" fitment specs for the population on here.

Edited by tanner709

I've got a level in box still that needs to go on, I was hoping a 1/2"s spacer would be enough but that would put me around +18 ish. may just have to get new wheels...[emoji2] I was hoping to stick with the stockers as I like them.

I've got my set i just took off for sale, its a very good set up if you're interested. only about 6 months old on both tires and wheels