In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

bcazier

2014+ Leveling Kits

The 2.5" Rough Country level comes with a block for the back and it shouldn't void your warranty

Do I have to install the rear blocks if I go with the RC kit.

Do I have to install the rear blocks if I go with the RC kit.

You do not. There are many people on here that are only running the front. You can also call Rough Country and buy just the front pieces for the 2.5" front lift.

You do not. There are many people on here that are only running the front. You can also call Rough Country and buy just the front pieces for the 2.5" front lift.

OK thanks a lot for all the help now just to decide if I want 2" or 2.5"

If it helps any I have the 2.25 inch procomp front only and I sit just a smidge higher in the front. Can't tell by looking but the tape doesn't lie. I know results may vary but on my truck 2.5 would have been noticeably nose high.

Sent from my Note 4

It really just depends on how you plan to use your truck. If you plan on hauling or towing anything of considerable weight I would definitely get the rear blocks. I have Bilstein's in the front only and, when I was hauling my buddy's rzr the ass end sunk really bad. The rear blocks will help the appearance of this but I would look into other alternatives if I was to get a rzr.

Ok Guy's I'm at wits end here, I've got a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 4x4. I had a 2.5" level added to the front and the truck sits how I like it. Almost near level. I tow a boat often and the rear sags so I tried the Roadmaster Active Suspension to eliminate squat but not happy, it did not help at all or not enough to notice . Seems very bouncy. Was gonna go the Air Bag route but they do not offer a kit for a 1500 with Magnetic ride shock system. What can I do to the rear end to help? was thinking maybe a 2" block? add a leaf? The truck suspension seems to soft and I am limited on choices to to the magnetic shocks. Any good suggestions sure would help

Anyone with the RC 2.5 kit doing alignments after the install? Im hopefully going to install mine soon, just wanted to know if i needed to schedule a apt to get a alignment done.

Yes, I had my dealer install my kit and do the wheel alignment... because I care about my tires and want my 43K investment to preform at it's best.

JMO...

Ok Guy's I'm at wits end here, I've got a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 4x4. I had a 2.5" level added to the front and the truck sits how I like it. Almost near level. I tow a boat often and the rear sags so I tried the Roadmaster Active Suspension to eliminate squat but not happy, it did not help at all or not enough to notice . Seems very bouncy. Was gonna go the Air Bag route but they do not offer a kit for a 1500 with Magnetic ride shock system. What can I do to the rear end to help? was thinking maybe a 2" block? add a leaf? The truck suspension seems to soft and I am limited on choices to to the magnetic shocks. Any good suggestions sure would help

Go to etrailer.com and look at their products for suspension

2015 Sierra SLT

2 inch RC leveling kit

295/55/20 Nittos, no cutting, trimming or rubbing

post-148156-0-86780000-1449193978_thumb.jpg

post-148156-0-33290000-1449193990_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys, I need some help on what tire size to run. 15' silverado crew cab. I have a 2.5 RC kit on its way in the mail. I plan i running a 20x9 +1 offset Fuel Maverick wheel. I want the lower offset so the tires sticks out a little bit. I like the look IMO. My question is what tires should I run if thats the wheel I go with? Been going back and forth between 295/55/20 and the 305/55/20, or should I just go with a 33x12.5? The two tires Ive decided on are Toyo MT/s or the Nitto Trail Grapplers MT. What do you guys think would be a perfect fit. If its possible I want to go with the larger tire but I dont want to deal with the rubbing.

I run the Nitto 295/55/20, they ride really good but they do make a little road noise as expected with a M/T the Toyo 33/12.50/20 is right at the same size, mine don't rub any and iv never cut or trimmed anything, I run the 2 inch leveling kit and have zero trouble, the best way to get the tires to last is rotate them every 3,500 miles, friend of mine gets 45-50k miles on his Nittos and that's all he ever runs, they're on a 2500 too, but he rotates them religiously

Decided to go with 275/60/20s on the KMC D2s 35 offset. No rubbing, ride height up front is roughly 39 7/8".

post-150897-0-99327500-1449255425_thumb.jpeg

Finally got the leveling kit installed. I also installed some AMP powersteps with the plug and play kit. It doesn't sit perfectly level though, it's a 2.5" RC kit.

347zlzq.jpg

Did you install the rear blocks with the kit? Are those the stock tires in the picture? I'm wanting to order my kit now, just trying to decide on what tire to buy.

Where are y'all buying tires after leveling your trucks? I spoke to 4 Wheel Parts (yes, I know that stink) and they were extremely adamant that 275/65/20 would not fit. I do not believe them due to the countless members on this forum that are running them. They looked at me as if I was crazy and said they would require a lot of cutting.

Just trying to find a store that will mount bigger tires.

Did you install the rear blocks with the kit? Are those the stock tires in the picture? I'm wanting to order my kit now, just trying to decide on what tire to buy.

X2

Where are y'all buying tires after leveling your trucks? I spoke to 4 Wheel Parts (yes, I know that stink) and they were extremely adamant that 275/65/20 would not fit. I do not believe them due to the countless members on this forum that are running them. They looked at me as if I was crazy and said they would require a lot of cutting.

Just trying to find a store that will mount bigger tires.

On any of the new body GM's you can put a 60 dollar 2 inch leveling kit and put on a 295/55/20 tire with ZERO trouble, iv got Nittos on mine in that size and haven't trimmed anything and haven't made any adjustments to fenders or anything, tell them just order the tires you want and if they feel like they don't want your money there's plenty of other tire shops that do