In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

bcazier

2014+ Leveling Kits

Looks good. What brand tire? and what brand wheel and offset? 20x9?, 10? No rub?

I own a 2016 Silverado, and it comes equipped with lane keep assist and forward collision warning systems. My question is, will adding a leveling kit affect the functionality of the systems? Has anyone had any issues, or have you had no issues at all? Thanks in advance!

I own a 2016 Silverado, and it comes equipped with lane keep assist and forward collision warning systems. My question is, will adding a leveling kit affect the functionality of the systems? Has anyone had any issues, or have you had no issues at all? Thanks in advance!

I was concerned about the exact same thing. The answer is no, it will not affect either one one of those. I installed a 2" leveling kit last weekend and checked all those things and they work perfectly.

• Like 1

I was concerned about the exact same thing. The answer is no, it will not affect either one one of those. I installed a 2" leveling kit last weekend and checked all those things and they work perfectly.

I agree. I have a 2" RC Level and have zero issues. Works flawlessly.

• Like 1

Does anyone know of any good shops to get a leveling kit installed? I'm in the Phoenix Arizona area. I want to know that the job will get done 100% flawlessly.

Ok. I know this has probably been asked and probably even beaten to death.... But I have a 2015 Silverado I bought a few weeks ago. It is 2 wheel drive. I am thinking of a 2in leveling kit on the front. I am wanting to keep this truck for a long time and was wondering if there are any down sides to doing this? I am just wanting to take out the rake but don't want to lower the rear. I will need a alignment correct? Any long term effects on the front end with only 2 inches? Also any particular kit better than another? Thanks for any input.

Really want to know if safety with wheel spacers is really a concern. I'd like to put 1.75" spacers on my 2015 (after leveling it) because I really like the LTZ chrome wheels. Some say unsafe, and most shops won't work on the truck, etc. Anyone have any words of encouragement with spacers, such as BORA?

Anything over 1/4 inch spacer is not recommended. It's unsafe and I'd never use them. Wheel adapters and spacers imho should never be used.

Got rid of my 14 sierra and got the 16 model now. 3" level went on today and tires will be on tomorrow. Here is how it sits now with stock tires

(Old toy)

b1a636c9822be39faf77d1d0fe15eadc.jpg

(New toy on the left)

3863ea6e8bb142db08dd0ee2b643bba3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Does anyone know of any good shops to get a leveling kit installed? I'm in the Phoenix Arizona area. I want to know that the job will get done 100% flawlessly.

It's not hard at all to do it yourself. Of course you'll need an alignment afterwards.

Ok. I know this has probably been asked and probably even beaten to death.... But I have a 2015 Silverado I bought a few weeks ago. It is 2 wheel drive. I am thinking of a 2in leveling kit on the front. I am wanting to keep this truck for a long time and was wondering if there are any down sides to doing this? I am just wanting to take out the rake but don't want to lower the rear. I will need a alignment correct? Any long term effects on the front end with only 2 inches? Also any particular kit better than another? Thanks for any input.

I've come to understand that 2" is safe. Any higher than that is questionable as it reduces the travel of the front suspension too much. If you do go higher than 2", you'll want to add the additional spacer at the top of the strut as opposed to the bottom. The spacer at the bottom reduces downward travel and it's best there as opposed to the top of the strut which reduces upward travel. The kits that give more than 2" are split between upper and lower with 2" on the lower and the additional at the top. I went with 2" Rough Country. Relatively easy install and a lot of guys on here have as well. Edited by '17 Sierra
  • Like 1

It's not hard at all to do it yourself. Of course you'll need an alignment afterwards.

I've come to understand that 2" is safe. Any higher than that is questionable as it reduces the travel of the front suspension too much. If you do go higher than 2", you'll want to add the additional spacer at the top of the strut as opposed to the bottom. The spacer at the bottom reduces downward travel and it's best there as opposed to the top of the strut which reduces upward travel. The kits that give more than 2" are split between upper and lower with 2" on the lower and the additional at the top. I went with 2" Rough Country. Relatively easy install and a lot of guys on here have as well.

I've been doing some digging and watching some YouTube tutorials and it does seem pretty easy. I'm going to go with the 2" Rough Country spacers. I figured I'd buy the part and whatever I was going to spend on labor, I would just spend on tools haha your replies are very much appreciated my friend!

I've been doing some digging and watching some YouTube tutorials and it does seem pretty easy. I'm going to go with the 2" Rough Country spacers. I figured I'd buy the part and whatever I was going to spend on labor, I would just spend on tools haha your replies are very much appreciated my friend!

I too read up on everything I could find. I've always done my own wrenching on my cars and motorcycles....airplane too but only what was legal on the plane. The only problem I had with the leveling kit was getting the ball joints free. I got the passenger side free but not the driver side. I was able to get the spacer in that side without releasing the ball joint. Took a bit of muscle though. I got the alignment done today and it was just a bit off...actually could have gotten away without the alignment but I'm glad I had it done anyway. The height looks really good. Had a 3" rake now only 1". That's all I'm going to do too. I might switch over to Bilsteins at some point but we'll see.

Good luck....let us know how it turns out!

Edited by '17 Sierra

Does not affect it at all. I have both systems as well and they utilize the camera on the windshield. I have not noticed any difference.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Is there a advantage/disadvantage to using the upper lift kit over the lower? I've seen both but from what I've searched and read a lot of people seem to use the lower rough country kit. I seem to research everything and over think almost everything before I do it.

I have also seen some that use both the upper rings and lower blocks. Just trying to figure out what is best.

Edited by spartantx117