In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i put my RC 2" level kit and Toyo 295/55/20's on this weekend. Install was simple, just like on my 2011. It definitely helps to have an extra set of hands when wedging that spacer in there. 295/

Thanks. Here is one more from yesterday. Considering we're getting 8-10 inches of rain the next two days, I won't be taking any better pics soon.  

Mine is finally done! After months of research I went with the RC 2.5" level kit front only, stock rear block. 20"x9" Fuel Nutz w/ +1 offset, 33x12.50x20 Toyo M/T tires. No rubbing, No trimming, yet a

Posted Images

Any official info regarding what are the largest tires that fit on the stock 22" rims ?

I'm having a hard time finding any other sizes wider that stock in a decent looking tire meant for a truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey, what i did was use this site:

https://tiresize.com/converter/

it is a tire size converter...so i would plug in a known size that works....and then on the comparison portion, put in your 22" rims and play around with it...so then you have a range (albeit probably small range) of tires that would work...you have a baseline of sizes to shop for...then next truck (which i think you are finding out now) is finding a size that is actually for sale, that matches what you discovered.

hope that makes sense...but i will give an example...my old '08 had 275/55r20 on them...i knew that size would work...so then i plugged in my new 18" rims...and found out that a 285/65r18 is almost the exact size, so i could could say without any further research, that size was a reasonable option, then i got on this board and just confirmed. (also i know that street tires and all-terrain/off road tires aren't a 100% apples to apples, but i think you get my point) but you could plug in a known tire from someone that you know has that same lift...and back into it...

hope that helps! good luck, cant wait to see pics!

• Like 1

hey, what i did was use this site:

https://tiresize.com/converter/

it is a tire size converter...so i would plug in a known size that works....and then on the comparison portion, put in your 22" rims and play around with it...so then you have a range (albeit probably small range) of tires that would work...you have a baseline of sizes to shop for...then next truck (which i think you are finding out now) is finding a size that is actually for sale, that matches what you discovered.

hope that makes sense...but i will give an example...my old '08 had 275/55r20 on them...i knew that size would work...so then i plugged in my new 18" rims...and found out that a 285/65r18 is almost the exact size, so i could could say without any further research, that size was a reasonable option, then i got on this board and just confirmed. (also i know that street tires and all-terrain/off road tires aren't a 100% apples to apples, but i think you get my point) but you could plug in a known tire from someone that you know has that same lift...and back into it...

hope that helps! good luck, cant wait to see pics!

Yeah I have been using it !! It's pretty good!! The biggest limiting factor is the 22" rims lol not much in a beefy looking truck tire

• Like 1

Yeah I have been using it !! It's pretty good!! The biggest limiting factor is the 22" rims lol not much in a beefy looking truck tire

yep. as much as I like those rims for a 2wd...(no offense, personal preference) but for a 4wd, I'm not even much of a fan of 20" rims...and there are a TON of people here that might chastise me for that opinion! haha! but again, I only have a leveled truck, not lifted...so that makes a difference too...good luck, surely there is something out there that gives you at least a little bit of beef! haha!

yep. as much as I like those rims for a 2wd...(no offense, personal preference) but for a 4wd, I'm not even much of a fan of 20" rims...and there are a TON of people here that might chastise me for that opinion! haha! but again, I only have a leveled truck, not lifted...so that makes a difference too...good luck, surely there is something out there that gives you at least a little bit of beef! haha!

None taken man !! We all like what we like. I wouldn't have bought a Denali if I wanted an "offroad" looking truck. I just want a beefy looking street truck ! I really do like the look of the 22" ultimate rims and I know not everyone does, so I just gotta find a decent looking set of tires that are slightly oversized. 305/55/R22 seem to have a couple options & 33/12.5/R22 might work but only option I have found are the toyo open country which are insanely overpriced where I have found them.

The search continues...

None taken man !! We all like what we like. I wouldn't have bought a Denali if I wanted an "offroad" looking truck. I just want a beefy looking street truck ! I really do like the look of the 22" ultimate rims and I know not everyone does, so I just gotta find a decent looking set of tires that are slightly oversized. 305/55/R22 seem to have a couple options & 33/12.5/R22 might work but only option I have found are the toyo open country which are insanely overpriced where I have found them.

The search continues...

• Like 1

The search continues...

would 305/45r22 be too small? that opens up your options...

Hey all,

Just created an account and got setup! Just been reading on these pages and getting familiar with the varying setups you all are running. Thanks for all the great information! First, part of me wishes I would've went 2016 front end+, so sharp with the ptm bumpers in white (originally wanted a Sierra SLT, but the Canada truck got sold out from under me)! That said, I picked up a 2015 5.3L Slate Gray CC SB LTZ fully-loaded last December. Since then I have added 2" RC level, Westin HDX Xtreme nerfs, 13% tint, spray-in bedliner, tonneau cover, MBRP exhaust, upgraded headlights to LED bulbs, & Husky floor mats (which I love over WeatherTechs for once).

Now the next step for me is to add some new shoes. I had 2011 F150 FX4 Eco CC prior and ran 2" Autosprings level and 295/60R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Loved the look, but hated the completely ruined and rough ride with the E-rated tires with the huge MPG losses as well (I went from mid 20's with my 3.5 TT to 12-13 city 15-16 hwy...didn't think it was going to be so steep). I believe my stock 20's, which I believe I am going to keep, run +27mm correct? I am seeing guys running 285, 295 and even 305s all stating just swaybar and UCA rub much like my F150 setup. I don't want to go as aggressive with a MT again nor E-rated if possible to stay more toward stock ride.

My questions are:

1) Are there any tires existing that have the more aggressive look without going E-rated and the 50 to 80lb/piece? I see the Nitto Ridge Grapplers are like 60lbs/piece and a bit lighter with fairly aggressive tread

2) If not, I am thinking clearly the 285/65/20 or 285/55/20 BFG KO2's are a likely candidate (think I like the white-wall better, but from reading don't believe are still available). Or some Toyo AT2's (Xtreme), Nitto Ridge Grappler, or GY Duratracs.

3) If having to go heavier, does the 5.3L handle it well? expected MPG losses? I removed the upfront dam/valence as well when leveling.

4) Would the 22" OEM Denali wheels bolt on or anyone do that to their chrome package Silverados? Saw a few Sierra's rocking those and I love the look and gunmetal appearance. Just not sure how that would mesh with my current chrome. Pics?

Any other 20" OEM chrome setups and pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edited by kirschbaumr

Any official info regarding what are the largest tires that fit on the stock 22" rims ?

I'm having a hard time finding any other sizes wider that stock in a decent looking tire meant for a truck

If you don't want to go to a full 33x12.50, then look into 285/50/22 and 305/45/22. A 285/55/22 would look sweet, but would probably rub.

• Like 1

Sorry Black Denali no pictures of it but I concur those tires are expensive

Yea, I just googled searched them and actually found a used set with very slight scratches with start out at $1,600. Reasonable?

That's what I meant .. lol slightly larger than stock .. but not much .. lots of options though

not sure what you consider is expensive or not (you have a denali and i just have a measly chevy :lol: ) but there is the Black truck thread that a guy just posted some pretty sweet 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers...are those too aggressive or would those be up your alley?

scroll down to see Sierra Joe's truck.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/167130-what-about-black-silveradosierra-photos/page-86

Hey all,

Just created an account and got setup! Just been reading on these pages and getting familiar with the varying setups you all are running. Thanks for all the great information! First, part of me wishes I would've went 2016 front end+, so sharp with the ptm bumpers in white (originally wanted a Sierra SLT, but the Canada truck got sold out from under me)! That said, I picked up a 2015 5.3L Slate Gray CC SB LTZ fully-loaded last December. Since then I have added 2" RC level, Westin HDX Xtreme nerfs, 13% tint, spray-in bedliner, tonneau cover, MBRP exhaust, upgraded headlights to LED bulbs, & Husky floor mats (which I love over WeatherTechs for once).

Now the next step for me is to add some new shoes. I had 2011 F150 FX4 Eco CC prior and ran 2" Autosprings level and 295/60R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Loved the look, but hated the completely ruined and rough ride with the E-rated tires with the huge MPG losses as well (I went from mid 20's with my 3.5 TT to 12-13 city 15-16 hwy...didn't think it was going to be so steep). I believe my stock 20's, which I believe I am going to keep, run +27mm correct? I am seeing guys running 285, 295 and even 305s all stating just swaybar and UCA rub much like my F150 setup. I don't want to go as aggressive with a MT again nor E-rated if possible to stay more toward stock ride.

My questions are:

1) Are there any tires existing that have the more aggressive look without going E-rated and the 50 to 80lb/piece? I see the Nitto Ridge Grapplers are like 60lbs/piece and a bit lighter with fairly aggressive tread

2) If not, I am thinking clearly the 285/65/20 or 285/55/20 BFG KO2's are a likely candidate (think I like the white-wall better, but from reading don't believe are still available). Or some Toyo AT2's (Xtreme), Nitto Ridge Grappler, or GY Duratracs.

3) If having to go heavier, does the 5.3L handle it well? expected MPG losses? I removed the upfront dam/valence as well when leveling.

4) Would the 22" OEM Denali wheels bolt on or anyone do that to their chrome package Silverados? Saw a few Sierra's rocking those and I love the look and gunmetal appearance. Just not sure how that would mesh with my current chrome. Pics?

Any other 20" OEM chrome setups and pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

i have BFG KO2's (285/65r18) and am very happy with them...aggressive enough, but not overly...VERY quiet considering...way more quiet than the wrangler dura trac's I had...i've got quite a few mods that affect mpg's, but i get 17-20 pretty consitently on the hw and 15-16 in town...however, i also drive pretty conservatively...no clue if that size has the white letters, mine do, but they face the inside...

• Like 1

i have BFG KO2's (285/65r18) and am very happy with them...aggressive enough, but not overly...VERY quiet considering...way more quiet than the wrangler dura trac's I had...i've got quite a few mods that affect mpg's, but i get 17-20 pretty consitently on the hw and 15-16 in town...however, i also drive pretty conservatively...no clue if that size has the white letters, mine do, but they face the inside...

Your truck looks good, What level kit did you go with?