In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

bcazier

2014+ Leveling Kits

On 1/13/2018 at 4:25 PM, 6TEEN5.3 said:

315/70r17 on stocks. Rubs the wheel liner at full lock

Why did you take the entire valence off? Just curious

I did a Rc 2” level the other week. Took me and a buddy 2 hours. 

D9D01A53-FC97-44C6-A16D-295D7700EF08.jpeg

Edited by Clemsontiger88
  • Like 2

has anyone replaced ball joints yet? I have a 2.5" level and at 30k miles getting a lot of noise from them lately thinking its time to replace? want something that lasts longer than 30k miles anything out there?

Had mine into the dealer this week for a clunking noise and a torn CV boot. They replaced the upper control arm. Ball joint had in excess of 0.200” movement. About 12000Miles on the 2.5” level kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, woychc said:

Had mine into the dealer this week for a clunking noise and a torn CV boot. They replaced the upper control arm. Ball joint had in excess of 0.200” movement. About 12000Miles on the 2.5” level kit

This is discouraging!  Was this wear directly attributed to your level kit?

Interested to see if leveling kit was root cause. Thanks

Dealer didn’t say anything about the levelling kit, but can only assume it maybe have caused premature wear.

Why did you take the entire valence off? Just curious

I was going to add a skid plate but decided I didn’t like it much. I’ll be putting the valance back on

Looks great. How are those 285/65??

11 hours ago, Aaron1085 said:

Looks great. How are those 285/65??

I love them! makes the truck look more aggressive. Minor rubbing when on full lock, but nothing serious. MPG also went down.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:12 AM, Jaxnoah said:

2.5 Level sitting on KO2s 285/65/20.

IMG_2469.JPG

Looks really sharp!

I've searched and have gone through a lot of pages on this thread, but no way am I getting through all 400!

So I have a 2wd V6 and the nose dive is killing me. I'm thinking that a 2" level would probably best, so there's still a little rake but be close enough to level.

What's a good, cheap level kit for under the strut?

What's the tallest tire I can fit without rubbing? I'm looking at something like a 295/70/17. Since its a V6, don't want anything real wide to try and keep the weight of the tire down.

Ok guys I’m new to the forum and this has probably been answered a hundred times but it’s another wheel tire question. I ordered a 2018 4X4 1500 crew standard bed with max tow and 6.2 engine. It should be here a couple of weeks. I have already got a Motofab 2.5”front 2” rear level kit that the dealer is going to install when it comes in. I also have ordered Moto metal 970 20X10 -24 offset wrapped with 295/55R20 ridge grapplers to install on truck when it comes in. Where should I expect to trim and what, will zip tying the liner fix the problem, or should I expect nothing at all?  Where does it usually rub on this set up? Just trying to know what to expect. Thanks to any replies. 

Edited by JKHutch

4 hours ago, JKHutch said:

Ok guys I’m new to the forum and this has probably been answered a hundred times but it’s another wheel tire question. I ordered a 2018 4X4 1500 crew standard bed with max tow and 6.2 engine. It should be here a couple of weeks. I have already got a Motofab 2.5”front 2” rear level kit that the dealer is going to install when it comes in. I also have ordered Moto metal 970 20X10 -24 offset wrapped with 295/55R20 ridge grapplers to install on truck when it comes in. Where should I expect to trim and what, will zip tying the liner fix the problem, or should I expect nothing at all?  Where does it usually rub on this set up? Just trying to know what to expect. Thanks to any replies. 

Mine barely rubs (and i mean ever so slightly) in reverse at full lock with a 20x10 -24 offset and 285/55s for what it's worth. Zip tie may do the trick. The 295/55s are only .4" wider and .4" taller than my set up, meaning only .2" closer to everything.

Keep in mind i have Terra Grapplers though so the Ridge Grapplers may be a tad bigger than the basic measurements.

Really doesn't answer your question but gives you an idea.

Edited by techsan15