In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i put my RC 2" level kit and Toyo 295/55/20's on this weekend. Install was simple, just like on my 2011. It definitely helps to have an extra set of hands when wedging that spacer in there. 295/

Thanks. Here is one more from yesterday. Considering we're getting 8-10 inches of rain the next two days, I won't be taking any better pics soon.  

Mine is finally done! After months of research I went with the RC 2.5" level kit front only, stock rear block. 20"x9" Fuel Nutz w/ +1 offset, 33x12.50x20 Toyo M/T tires. No rubbing, No trimming, yet a

Posted Images

I went with the 285/65r18 ridge grapplers and 2” level. Will be in the shop on Monday. Ridge graps were cheaper too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything smaller than a20” is smaller, sorta wish I went with 18” wheels mostly cause you can find C rated or D but once you get a level or lift, starting with a 20” you’ll start heading into the E and F rated tires. 285/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grappler is close to $400 each, installed with warranty.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:25 PM, Bushleaguechew said:

How’s the rubbing? I tried that wheel and tire combo at 3” of lift and it was hitting the cab mount behind the fender liner.

Honestly, I don't rub that bad at all. The only rubbing issues I have are at full lock and even at that the tire just barely rubs the carpet fender liner. And I mean just barely touches it. I had ordered a 1.5" body lift that I thought I would need to clear the tires but they fit just fine without it. I take it off road every once in awhile and it does fine. I think it comes down to the offset I guess. I have +18 offset.  

For those of you who have a 2017+ and installed 2.25" level without changing the UCAs, have you had any issues. Dealer is offering to install a ProComp kit without UCAs and keep my warranty in tact but I don't want to make the truck unsafe even if they keep the warranty. What good is a warranty if the truck is totaled? 

For those of you who have a 2017+ and installed 2.25" level without changing the UCAs, have you had any issues. Dealer is offering to install a ProComp kit without UCAs and keep my warranty in tact but I don't want to make the truck unsafe even if they keep the warranty. What good is a warranty if the truck is totaled? 

Running a procomp lift will included diff drop which doesn’t need new UCA’s cause with a diff drop your UCA’s will be fine for a while.

You should look at CST suspension, much better quality and doesn’t make your track widen up front like it does with all those knuckle replacement kits such as BDS, ProComp. A couple guy on this forum brought it up and I jumped on it.

Sent from above

Running a procomp loft will included diff drop which doesn’t need new UCA’s cause with a diff drop your UCA’s will be fine for a while.

You should look at CST suspension, much better quality and doesn’t make your track widen up front like it does with all those knuckle replacement kits such as BDS, ProComp. A couple guy on this forum brought it up and I jumped on it.

Sent from above

The procomp is just a 1.5" top spacer and .75" spacer on the bottom. Just a regular level

The procomp is just a 1.5" top spacer and .75" spacer on the bottom. Just a regular level

That’s exactly what I’ve got but I immediately noticed right after I bought it and leveled it with stock tires then the headache started, bigger tires rubbed causing me to spend $3K on new wheels and tires. I’m looking forward to the lift cause apparently it’s going to ride like stock again.

41de0d8357963c4c9cd72321d0401bcf.jpg

Sent from above

I have a 2017 and have the ProComp 2.25" level. I ran it with the stock UCAs for about 20k miles without any issues. I got my 2017 in August of 2016 and none of the levels were offering replacement UCAs. I added cognito UCAs because I got them used for a good price. I'm not saying you wont have any issues but I'm not easy on my truck and the ball joints were fine when I took the stock UCAs out.

The ProComp kit is just a level and doesn't include a diff drop. It is the exact same kit as the Readylift 2.25" level just in a different box and costs less. Now Readylift is offering replacement UCAs with the kit. 7fdd87731ce40372b9d3b6d7ad7fbf8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a 2017 and have the ProComp 2.25" level. I ran it with the stock UCAs for about 20k miles without any issues. I got my 2017 in August of 2016 and none of the levels were offering replacement UCAs. I added cognito UCAs because I got them used for a good price. I'm not saying you wont have any issues but I'm not easy on my truck and the ball joints were fine when I took the stock UCAs out.

The ProComp kit is just a level and doesn't include a diff drop. It is the exact same kit as the Readylift 2.25" level just in a different box and costs less. Now Readylift is offering replacement UCAs with the kit. 7fdd87731ce40372b9d3b6d7ad7fbf8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve got about 6k on my level, ordered Fox coilovers with resi’s, new Fabtech UCA’s and after lots of research, I cancelled my order and went with the 4.5” lift through CST Suspension. There are a few guys on the forum that got me turned on by it due to zero widening of the front wheel track unlike all the other brands and after many thousands of miles not one complaint. Leveling is fine for a clearing a bit larger tires but I noticed immediately after leveling with no larger tires that my truck rode rougher. This lift will put everything back but lift through spindles.

Sent from above
9 hours ago, rudyb said:

I dig it. Any rub with this setup? Are you running stock UCA? Is that a 1.5" level? Thanks

Thanks! Bilstein 5100's(front on 3rd setting, rear is stock height). Stock UCA's. Bilstein claims this is a 1.25" lift in the front, but I have a feeling it was just a bit more.

I did get some rubbing on the factory mudflaps so I took a dremel and trimmed the insides just a bit. No rubbing now.