In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

bcazier

2014+ Leveling Kits

Did you do the zone trim plates yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope the shop did it. There is a good video on YouTube that shows how its done.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Finally got my baja kits on after waiting several months. Upper and lower control arms, modified and revalved the king shocks for much better rebound and removed a limiter spacer so the shock uses all of its droop travel. This thing now rides on a cloud! beb27fe72103368ef8870a882b134ea3.jpg2678e3acea3d0ef64e521bcd23973628.jpg139ac07d404c79e295a2e4f84f64a203.jpg51b6bbebd31460101817bbdef8edaaa3.jpg

What size tires and wheels are those? Looks sharp!

Just installed a 2.5” RC leveling kit and put on K02 275/65R20s. Happy with the finished product, just need to trim a little felt that is rubbing. 

3984C6F3-77C5-4910-B045-EB8F966F4037.jpeg

• Like 2

I have an 18 1500 that has 2.25 inch level in the front and I’m going to put a 2”block in the back. Thinking about going to 17 or 18 inch wheels (running 20’s now)- I just like more tire than wheel- what offset should I look at to keep them tucked and not so wide? Also could I run a 34 or 35 inch tire?

Hello all!

First of all, thanks to all of you who contribute to this site.  It is great!

I've read through this thread and I am left with a few specific questions regarding my 2018 Z71 (stamped steel UCA's).

1. If I go with the TGC 2" leveling kit, do I still need to swap out my UCA's?  (my backup plan is the 2.25 Readylift kit with UCA's)
  2. Assuming the TGC 2" kit is "safe" for my 2018 stamped steel UCA's, can I fit 285/65/r18 BFG KO2's on my stock wheels without any rubbing (I have seen several different opinions about this setup).  I'm hoping that the narrow section width BFG's will not rub my UCA's or sway bar.  I'm aware that I'll have to tie back the felt, etc.
  3. What size KO2 will fit on my bone stock truck if I tie back the felt and decide to leave the suspension alone?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

RCD

On 2/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, Scooter Scott said:

So after a 2" level and ReadyLift control arms, I do get a very slight rub on the upper control arms.  Has anyone extended the steering stops to keep from full lock hitting the arm?  It would not be that much so I don't think it would be that much of a problem for the turning radius.

Scott, what did you end up doing here? I just installed 275/65/20 K02s with a 2.5" RC lift w/ the 2" rear block. Definitely rubbing the UCAs as well when initially i thought it was just the felt. Trying to decide what to do now...

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 12:19 PM, wepiii said:

Are you 100% it’s the UCA’s. I was positive that is what mine was rubbing, but it was actually hitting the sway bar. Most noticeable hard right going forward. I have 275-60/20’s and I scrub the sway bar, I’m not sure how you wouldn’t with an even taller tire. Mine is a 2018 as well so same UCA set up

Wepii, are yours still hitting the sway bar or did you change your setup? 

16 minutes ago, kudos555 said:

Wepii, are yours still hitting the sway bar or did you change your setup? 

Still hitting if I pull as hard as I can on steering wheel, I just try not to do that and I’m good 

Was curious if someone could point me in the direction of some 1.5 inch rear blocks that are not tapered. Would like a pinch of rake after the level 

After reading everything I could find, I finally made a decision.  I chose 285/60/18 BFGoodrich KO2's, no lift, no leveling, stock everything.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.  It was nice to see what others have done with their trucks.  I've had my share of lifted trucks (some of them crazy high like 12" on 40's)...I'm enjoying this one a bit closer to the ground.

The ride and handling are much better...especially the handling.  I'm impressed with the KO2s.

z71_1.jpgz71_2.jpgz71_3.jpgz71_4.jpg

• Like 5

After reading everything I could find, I finally made a decision.  I chose 285/60/18 BFGoodrich KO2's, no lift, no leveling, stock everything.
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.  It was nice to see what others have done with their trucks.  I've had my share of lifted trucks (some of them crazy high like 12" on 40's)...I'm enjoying this one a bit closer to the ground.

The ride and handling are much better...especially the handling.  I'm impressed with the KO2s.

z71_1.jpgz71_2.jpgz71_3.jpgz71_4.jpg

Very nice!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:44 PM, kudos555 said:

Scott, what did you end up doing here? I just installed 275/65/20 K02s with a 2.5" RC lift w/ the 2" rear block. Definitely rubbing the UCAs as well when initially i thought it was just the felt. Trying to decide what to do now...

Do you think with new control arms they would fit without rubbing? Thinking about going this same route with my setup except some readylift control arms

On 3/10/2019 at 11:41 AM, RCD said:

Hello all!

First of all, thanks to all of you who contribute to this site.  It is great!

I've read through this thread and I am left with a few specific questions regarding my 2018 Z71 (stamped steel UCA's).

1. If I go with the TGC 2" leveling kit, do I still need to swap out my UCA's?  (my backup plan is the 2.25 Readylift kit with UCA's)
  2. Assuming the TGC 2" kit is "safe" for my 2018 stamped steel UCA's, can I fit 285/65/r18 BFG KO2's on my stock wheels without any rubbing (I have seen several different opinions about this setup).  I'm hoping that the narrow section width BFG's will not rub my UCA's or sway bar.  I'm aware that I'll have to tie back the felt, etc.
  3. What size KO2 will fit on my bone stock truck if I tie back the felt and decide to leave the suspension alone?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

RCD

this site let alone this thread there is a lot to read...I have '16 Z71, BFG KO2 285/65 R18 (stock rims) and a RC 2" level, no trimming or tie backs were needed and no rubbing...I eventually got a new bumper, and only then did i need to do any sort of wheel well modification...but it was because the felt stuck out, not because the tires...I dont have any experience with a TC level, but would be safe to assume it would be equivalent to the RC.

I usually don’t mess with the level or lifting. My 14 had too much rake. I removed the blocks in the back. It amounted to about 1-1/2 inch.

I have a level kit on my 14, my current summer wheels are 18x9 +12 mm. I'm looking to get 18x9 -12 mm so I can get a 4.5" lift installed. All the results on custom offsets says it'll fit with minimal to no trimming and no rubbing. 

Anyone else running -12 mm?