New 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain Review

I have heard the GMT900 referred to as the "bankrupt truck".

I like the styling of the GMT900 HD's and I think they did a good job with the suburban and Tahoe.

I think the new 2014's are a styling improvement.

To each their own. :-)

Exterior styling was good on the HD's, interior was horrible on 1500's and HD's and everyone I test drove and rode in was a rattlebox. When you're test driving a new truck and you ask the salesman if he's sure it only has 3 miles on it like the odometer says, you know there's something wrong.

You can get heated and cooled seats without the alert package. But you can't get the alert package without the cooled seats. Thats on a LTZ or a SLT without all terrain package. Also noticed you can get the alert package on the regular cab 40/20/40 seat but on the crew cab like I'm getting its only available with the bucket seats. They do some strange stuff with the way they offer options and packages.

Agree. If you like the 20 inch bright machined aluminum wheels, you have to get an SLE. Ok give me an SLE with leather buckets. Nope only 40/20/40 in SLE. Ok, give me the SLE, with the nice 20s and the black/grey leather bench interior. NOPE!. In the SLE you can have any color leather you want as long as you want black.

Ok, give me the SLT with the nice bright machined alum (mbaw) 20s...Nope. Take these chrome things or get the strange Z-71s 18s. Ok, I will get the SLT and buy the damn mbaw 20s from parts. Now give me the SLT with the nice perforated leather. Oh, that will be $1,000. Nice leather, $325 or so, plus air cooled seats, $675 or so, only way to get the perforated leather.

I mean in the grand scheme of things of life this is not way up there but GM could sell more trucks if they were more buyer orientated/friendly. Want the those wheels on an SLT? OK here is the price. Want perforated leather but no cooled? OK slight up charge over the $325. Want something besides black leather in an SLE, OK another 100 or so...

• 8 months later...

bought one, setup just like he drove only in the red metallic with matching bumpers and crome rims. Not fond of all the crome but it comes together nicely. the seats the way they are set up are fantastic. I test drove the SLT z71 and it was super nice. I just dont think the extra four or five grand for a vaccum under your butt and a vibration option telling you your driving in the wrong lane is worth all that....crome bumpers dont add that much...the lack of leather in the middle of the seats help with cooling and not having your leg stick to it when its hot, and its room temp. when its cold as tits....overall it is a great truck...all terrain should come with alot better tires though honestly...and maybe even a stock leveling kit....it is a great truck though overall...I drove alot of trucks to get to this one...and this one stuck...

• 4 months later...

bought one, setup just like he drove only in the red metallic with matching bumpers and crome rims. Not fond of all the crome but it comes together nicely. the seats the way they are set up are fantastic. I test drove the SLT z71 and it was super nice. I just dont think the extra four or five grand for a vaccum under your butt and a vibration option telling you your driving in the wrong lane is worth all that....crome bumpers dont add that much...the lack of leather in the middle of the seats help with cooling and not having your leg stick to it when its hot, and its room temp. when its cold as tits....overall it is a great truck...all terrain should come with alot better tires though honestly...and maybe even a stock leveling kit....it is a great truck though overall...I drove alot of trucks to get to this one...and this one stuck...

Seems like we have the exact same truck. Mine is Doublecab, Dark red metallic SLE with AT package and the stock chrome wheels and body-colored bumpers. Great looking truck, and doesn't have any of the dorky Z71 or 4X4 decals or badges anywhere, just the All-Terrain badges on the doors and tailgate, small and subtle.

I too like the cloth buckets with heaters and really can't think of anything from the SLT I would add other than the front parking sensors (mine has rear sensors and backup camera only).

Unlike a few commenters on this and other boards, I think the stock chrome wheels look great and the 18" tires are a good match, with decent traction off-road (already took a mild trail with mine) and a smooth and quiet highway ride.

Archived