Adding Aftermarket Sub/Amp

I have a 2018 crew cab Silverado LTZ with the Bose amp. Idk but my speaker inputs for the amp were (+) yellow and (-)yellow/black. They were in the same location/ slots as the blue and grey. 

I went with a kicker 43TC104 which is a single 10” in a box. The box looks like it’s made for the crew cab Silverado. I also went with a class D 12cx6001 monoblock amp.  Sounds really good! 

The bolt on the positive aux post is 8x 1.25 and the nut for the seatbelt post is 1/2”-13. 

Edited by Superman_006

Seller on amazon selling sealed down fire boxes for the crewcabs for $59 for a single 10 or 12” (different box) . Same seller is selling them for passengers / drivers side.

SoundBox Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Crew Cab Single 12'' Subwoofer Enclosure Sub Box 2014-2018 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P236LSA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XFJ6BbHYKVC5V

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 8:30 PM, Zasker1 said:

So I read through a bunch of these threads has anybody found a:
single 10in,
downward firing,
sealed box,
That fits either under the back seat or behind the back seat

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Try subthump.com. I bought a box like you mention for under the seat but fits a 12". Fits perfect, almost hidden, but the overall sound is amazing. 

• 3 months later...

Finally finished my initial audio upgrades. Started by relocating the Bose amp and integrating with an Audio Control LC7i. Dynamated the back wall (the cheap way) and mounted the amps over the back wall insulation that I cut off, modified a bit and kept against the wall.. Alpine MRV-F340 for mids and highs and an MRD-M500 for the sub.

67D5321A-6645-4FBB-966C-21DA46500285.jpeg

Edited by GreyWulff

This trick was finding a way to add one of the Infinty DVQ 12s that I already own... So I started mocking up from cardboard an idea to downfire the sub, make it easy to take out if I need and look like it belonged in the truck.

4C32BADE-947B-488C-982C-E7B6D673DF43.jpeg

Edited by GreyWulff
  • Like 1

Did a little contouring with some bondo and if you look close, lined it up with the pocket in the back of the console. After cleaning the vinyl a few times it really matches the trucks leather nearly perfectly.

0CA7D176-E3E2-49AD-9884-542CB9BC8A73.jpeg

Edited by GreyWulff
  • Like 2

I also lifted the rear seat 3/4” with some black HDPE pucks I fabbed up real fast from some scrap I had laying around at work. I the near future I’m going to upgrade the front and rear speakers. I’m hoping to do some 3-way components up front and 2-way components in the back.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You did something similar to what I planned. I have an idea to add but am staying hush for now, I wont be lifting the seats though. If you got into an accident and rear passengers got hurt and thy see wooden shims, good luck with getting a claim paid, just not work the risk for me. Great work, nicely done!

• 1 month later...

@Ge0rge, HDPE is not wood. Near strong as steel in this application. I understand the opinions on the “in an accident” scenarios, but in having looked at a few of these kits around the internet. I think these pucks are a far better option than what some companies are selling.

@Kyleorsini, I do have a crew cab. It is in a sealed box, I had an idea for a ported box that would extend under the seat toward the drivers, but decided against it because I wanted the tighter bass of a sealed box, and i suppose overall it leaves me with a bit more under seat storage. I have just shy of 1.2 cu.ft. in the box as is.