Price paid?

2 minutes ago, duquephart said:

It's what winds up on the purchase agreement in the business office that counts --- everything else is smoke and mirrors. The way dealers get away with the bogus fees is by adding them in on the final paperwork as though they are legit and to be expected ("Oh that ------- that's just the xyz fee that everyone pays"). "What dealer fees will I be expected to pay" should be about the third question asked in any situation. Then, those fees should be subtracted from the price.

C1CD2898-6D0F-4066-9A61-1B138C81C562.jpeg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Fhptrooper said:

C1CD2898-6D0F-4066-9A61-1B138C81C562.jpeg

That looks like an invoice or some other document between manufacturer and dealer. In any case, it has as much to do with a retail sales contract as a fly swatter has to do win an inertial navigation system.

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

That looks like an invoice or some other document between manufacturer and dealer. In any case, it has as much to do with a retail sales contract as a fly swatter has to do win an inertial navigation system.

What do you think would be a good price out the door?

2 minutes ago, Fhptrooper said:

What do you think would be a good price out the door?

I don't know. Legit taxes and registration fees vary from state to state. You should easily be getting at least 20% discount on the truck itself taking everything into account (bogus fees must be considered as part of the price). That figure is, no doubt, low given that the truck is now a one year old left-over. YMMV.

For reference, my out the door price on my 2017 LT Crew was $29,778.81 with all fees and taxes.  The sticker was $43,785 and the final price agreed upon before fees and taxes was $27,800.  Listed below are the fees that I paid straight off the receipt.  My vehicle was purchased in TX.

Sales Tax: $1581.25

Dealers Inventory Tax: $56.06

Road and Bridge: $20

License: $124.75

Title/Transfer:  $39.75

Documentary Fee: $150

State Inspection:  $7

Total: $1978.81

My discount off the sticker ended up being right around 32% after all fees and taxes are included.

Your discount appears to be about 16% if your out the door price is $46,310 and the current sticker is $55,030.

Honestly, what I would personally do if I were you, would be give HolidayAutoGroup a call regarding this truck https://www.holidayautogroup.com/details/Whitesboro-New-2017-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-3GCUKSEC5HG186510.  It appears to be about the same truck except it's blue and not white.  They do have a white one listed at about $2,000 higher.  HolidayAutoGroup will send you a PREVIEW receipt for the truck with all the fees and other stuff listed.  I would glance at that and compare.

5 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Not pertinent. All deals are different. My point in all of this is to watch out for the dealer fees.

I definitely agree with you, but I’ve only found 1 dealer that comes close to their price...but they are 47k out the door. No other dealership will even entertain the thought of going below 49k. 

1 minute ago, Fhptrooper said:

I definitely agree with you, but I’ve only found 1 dealer that comes close to their price...but they are 47k out the door. No other dealership will even entertain the thought of going below 49k. 

How wide a net have you cast? If it's the best deal you can find and no one else will touch it then it's a good deal. By definition. I never weighed in on what kind of deal it is ------- just that you need to figure in the fees. Take what you are paying to the dealer for the vehicle itself (do not include amounts collected by the dealer on behalf of other entities) and use that figure to determine discount and %. How does the dealer explain the discrepancy between invoice MSRP and PO value? Also curious what sort of math they used to get $75 as 1.5% of sales price.

23 minutes ago, duquephart said:

How wide a net have you cast? If it's the best deal you can find and no one else will touch it then it's a good deal. By definition. I never weighed in on what kind of deal it is ------- just that you need to figure in the fees. Take what you are paying to the dealer for the vehicle itself (do not include amounts collected by the dealer on behalf of other entities) and use that figure to determine discount and %. How does the dealer explain the discrepancy between invoice MSRP and PO value? Also curious what sort of math they used to get $75 as 1.5% of sales price.

Texas, SC,NC, MS, AL, and all of Florida 

• 1 month later...

Just flew to Laura GMC and bought a 2018 Sierra 1500 CCSB SLT 4x4 6.2L with: Premium Plus, Max Tow (NHT), Sunroof, and Dark Slate Metallic.

Factory MSRP was $60,025. Purchase price was $46, 540; a difference of $13,485 or 22.5% off list.

New truck prices are ludicrous, but I feel like I got a pretty good deal considering the fact that factory to buyer incentives were only $3250. No way could I find a similar truck anywhere in my state for close to that price. Definitely worth the airfare and 1300 mile road trip home. This 6.2 is badass.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Just flew to Laura GMC and bought a 2018 Sierra 1500 CCSB SLT 4x4 6.2L with: Premium Plus, Max Tow (NHT), Sunroof, and Dark Slate Metallic.

Factory MSRP was $60,025. Purchase price was $46, 540; a difference of $13,485 or 22.5% off list.

New truck prices are ludicrous, but I feel like I got a pretty good deal considering the fact that factory to buyer incentives were only $3250. No way could I find a similar truck anywhere in my state for close to that price. Definitely worth the airfare and 1300 mile road trip home. This 6.2 is badass.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Super jealous. That is the exact truck I have been looking at for a couple weeks except only premium package not plus. Nobody around me has one with max tow, 6.2 and the savings.

Did they pick you up at the airport? How long where you at the dealer?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived