Price paid?

8 hours ago, mn camper guy said:

Super jealous. That is the exact truck I have been looking at for a couple weeks except only premium package not plus. Nobody around me has one with max tow, 6.2 and the savings.

Did they pick you up at the airport? How long where you at the dealer?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes - gave them my flight # and the guy was waiting for us outside baggage claim in a van.

We were at the dealer about 3 hours. Should have been much shorter, but got held up waiting the finance guy for 2 hours. Pro tip: If you're considering letting Laura carry your financing, be sure to get their quote before arriving. They spent way too long trying to beat my credit union's rate and couldn't do it. I ended up just writing them a check for the full amount and will go back to my credit union to finance after the sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laura Buick GMC - Paid $19,900 including GM's end-of-year rebate stuff, $1500 hail discount (minor dings) and whatever else discounts they applied.  Plus $175 doc fee.  MSRP was $32,995. It was probably the busiest day of the year, there was literally a line out the door and so the buying process wasn't perfect but not terrible either.  Would prefer to buy there on a slower day.  Anyway I haven't seen another truck like this in the same price range, not even close.  2017 Sierra base w/ 5.3L, convenience group (power stuff) and trailering package.  My FIL got the same truck but with 4wd and a radio upgrade for $23,995.  I wasn't even looking for a truck, he just had his tee'd up and when I saw the price I figured I'd pick one up too.  

IMG_5400.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, I bit the bullet and went to Laura GMC and bought a 2018 Sierra 1500 CCSB SLT 4x4 6.2L with: Premium Plus, Max Tow (NHT), Sunroof, and Stone Blue Metallic. I just couldnt pass up the opportunity... I had to make the decision on or before 2-12-18 , so I put a deposit down at like 8pm that night to lock in the current incentives.. I really wasnt in the market for a new truck, unless the Ultimate deal came up and I think it did...I really dont think I could have gotten a better deal any other time..I am extremely happy with this... No other dealer in the a 200 mile radius could come close, they were all over 5k more for a truck with less options...One dealer even told me just to buy it at Lauras, since there was no way they could come close to that and they have no idea how they are able to sell trucks that cheap.

Factory MSRP was $60,025.

Lauras "sale price" was $45, 540

Plus GM Financing Assistance of $1,000..Which brings it down to $ 44,540

Plus I had a GM Card bump of $1500 over what I already had-   $43,040

Plus the GM Card points that were already on the card of - $1,019

After all incentives  the Grand Total was  $42,021 +  $182 doc fee & temp tag fee

$ 18,004 off sticker or 30% off sticker price!! before adding in the $182 doc fee

It was a pretty seamless... I rented a car the night before left at 1am with my buddy and son ( had a nice road trip) and got there around 2pm... Phil from Lauras picked us up at Enterprise by the STL airport and drove us to the dealership... The dealership itself is crazy!!...Its like wall street in there, salesman running back and forth, customers constantly coming in ,  my salesmam Mike Miller, has 3 customers he was dealing with at the same time...Ive never seen a dealership so busy in my life on a Friday afternoon..The sales end went well, a few hiccups with the pricing, but it all got straightened out..The only bad thing is the wait for financing... We waited about 2 hours to sign 5 minutes worth of paperwork...After that was done Mike gave me the cliff note version of the truck ( since he knew we had to get back on the road) and off we went... The 880 mile drive from Lauras to Northeastern Pa went extremely smooth, no issues and averaged 20mpg doing 75-80MPH the whole way home...it was over 23MPG at times in the flat parts of illinios and Indiana...Extremely happy with that ..My 2011 doing 75MPH gets about 16-17 MPG at best at that speed.

It cost me in total with rental car, gas for both the car and truck, food, and hotel a grand total of $475 to save over $5,000...Yeah, I'd say it was definetly worth it

My camaro salesman told what everyone already knows. When I was negotiating they checked the rebates(he told me they can be dealer specific), and one rebate has expired a few days earlier but they would honor the price anyway, but wouldn't go lower(I found out it was a no haggle dealer anyway once I got there, explained why their prices were so low to be fine with), 18% is all you are getting today, and you don't really get deals on these like this(which is right, even supplier discount is like 8% on camaros)

Then he said, "hey if you want a truck  instead we can get you 20% off pretty much everything we have. They [GM] have WAY more overhead on those."

Looking to buy a new 2018 Silverado 2500HD, my question is when is the best time to purchase? Last month had around $3,000 in rebates and was able to find 8-9k off MSRP. Should i have bought it then or do you think i will be able to beat that deal later in the year? 

On 3/1/2018 at 12:25 AM, bosox88 said:

Looking to buy a new 2018 Silverado 2500HD, my question is when is the best time to purchase? Last month had around $3,000 in rebates and was able to find 8-9k off MSRP. Should i have bought it then or do you think i will be able to beat that deal later in the year? 

Looks like 12k off for 2500hd or 3500hd. Look at sale price. the as low as price requires meeting other requirements. I can give you a sales guy number if you have questions. He came highly recommended to me but they are out of stock for what I’m looking for. 

http://www.dennisdillongmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?make=GMC&model=Sierra 2500HD,Sierra 3500HD&sort=price|asc&search=new

2018 GMC Sierra SLT premium plus - pretty much a Denali with high tow rating. 

6.2L 8L90 max tow

crew cab standard bed 6.6’

(sunroof, nav, Bose, heated wheel, heated & vented seats, rear sliding window, loaded, etc.)

MSRP 59930

Discount 14717 ( 24% off ) 

sales price 45213

+ 182 doc fee

+ No BS, no games, etc. 

Laura Buick GMC

My sales guy was Andrew Quinones.

I had a great experience and would recommend. Tell him Terrell sent you ;-)

Shout out to Reggie Hill at Dennis Dillion GMC in Boise Idaho.

He's a great no pressure sales guy. Was going to buy from them but they were out of stock for what I was looking for.

A little late..  just noticed this thread. I'm in Alaska which is terrible about mark up over MSRP due to low supply and high demand... when I bought my 2011 Silverado I went to a dealer by my parent's place near Atlanta and drove it back up. I was able to get better options and save money despite the 4300 mile drive.

I picked up my 2017 Crew Cab at Chevrolet of South Anchorage. I saw it online just browsing, I was impressed at the deal in state and sent their online salesperson a message. We went back and forth a bit via text amd email and came to a deal I feel was fair. Using end of year (November) rebates and some leverage at the end of the month we came to an agreement. Alaska has no sales tax, the truck stickered for $48,510 and I paid $34,644 out the door. At 28% off I'm pretty happy with my deal and have enjoyed 3k trouble free miles so far... hoping for a good 10 years out of this one. A coworker even went and ditched his Honda Pilot for a Silverado after riding in mine... they matched my deal on a similar truck for him.

Now if I can just leave it alone... already debadged/tinted/DL3'ed... we'll see how it goes.

Archived