Has anybody taken the rear seats out?

Joe_K

I was wondering how long it would take, but my truck finally developed a rattle. I can simulate it by flipping the rear seats up and down, it's coming from behind the rear seat on the driver's side. I plan on attacking it this weekend, dealers never seem to care about rattles so I'll see if I can do something easy before I take it in. My 2012 Ram rattled everywhere, and the dealer looked at me stupid when I'd take it in, and said they could never simulate it.

ON my '09....Just a few nuts on the base of the legs. And two small ones holding the seats together. Air ratchet helps and may need a breaker bar to loosen at first. The hard part for me was lifting the seats off the studs. Fold seat some and needs a good tug on my '09. Probably take an hour the first time due to finding tools necessary etc.

Mine has a rattle when the passenger jump seat is folded up. Never could find it. Still think it is in the seat belt ?? If the rattle is behind the rear cab panel, it is a project to remove the panel.

they can duplicate it with you in the passenger seat during a road test ,,,they WILL let you

its just not your problem ,,,you have warranty ....use it

I know, if it's something easy and free, I'd rather do it myself, and do it right. I think it's coming from the hinge area. If I flip the seat up and drive around it doesn't do it. Might be as simple as having to put a little padding on a bump stop or something.

Is anything under your seat? Factory cargo tray? When installing my sub box, I found if the seat is not 100% all the way down the hinge can rattle. Even when it looks all the way down, it may not be...

Nothing's under my seat. I'm crazy busy with work right now, so getting it to the dealer is a bit of a problem, hence the reason I'm gonna look at it myself. If I have some time on Sunday I'm gonna take a closer look at it. Even when the seats all the way down, if you tap it you can hear the rattle. My solution right now is driving around with the driver side flipped up, that 100% solved it. If they wouldn't have made the interior so quiet I'd probably never notice it.

ON my '09....Just a few nuts on the base of the legs. And two small ones holding the seats together. Air ratchet helps and may need a breaker bar to loosen at first. The hard part for me was lifting the seats off the studs. Fold seat some and needs a good tug on my '09. Probably take an hour the first time due to finding tools necessary etc.

Mine has a rattle when the passenger jump seat is folded up. Never could find it. Still think it is in the seat belt ?? If the rattle is behind the rear cab panel, it is a project to remove the panel.

Check for a metal bracket / lever arm that hangs down beside the seat mounting base. Mine was doing the same thing and it turns out this lever is loose when the seat is up and taps against the base. I figured out where it was touching and installing a soft adhesive pad (actually the soft side of a piece of velcro) and the noise was gone.

Check for a metal bracket / lever arm that hangs down beside the seat mounting base. Mine was doing the same thing and it turns out this lever is loose when the seat is up and taps against the base. I figured out where it was touching and installing a soft adhesive pad (actually the soft side of a piece of velcro) and the noise was gone.

will do, thanks for the reply

Archived