truck finally arrived but has been damaged!

hokiez

My truck came in today finally and I was excited. I checked the truck out and I noticed the rear dr wheel had overspray all over it. I felt the qtr panel above it and it had overspray on it and trash in the paint. This makes me sick. It sat at the train yard for 17 days awaiting transport 1.5 hours away. We were wondering what was taking so long. Im almost positive it got damaged there and the shipping company had it fixed. Obviously I didnt accept it and the sales manager us calling GM to tell them about it and see what they are going to do about it. They would have to make me one hell of an offer to take it. Im sure it can be wetsanded but who knows what really happened to it. This sucks!!!!!

Oh man that's terrible especially since you have been waiting for it to come in. I would order a new one ASAP tell the dealer they can keep that one. Things happen though. When hail damaged my 2001 the body shop said I had 3 coats of paint on the hood. They Said it probably had a chain dropped on it in transit.

Id hate to wait for another order. Im interested in seeing what gm says. I wonder what protocol is when a truck is damaged at the shipping yard. Im sure it happens and no was this is how its supposed to be handled. The trash in the paint shows they did a shi$$y job fixing it. I told my salesman to do a truck search to see whats out there locally but I must have the bench seat and I dont want 3.05 gears. That'll be tough to find.

This is a tough one. I would want to know exactly what happen and there should be pictures if transit used insurance to repair. I would want to know how it was repaired. Check under side.

Then decide. Seems like they could find another trk and bring it in. Or they could put you up front on order line and less than 6 wks .

That said, my '09 Sierra, while in transit, dropped off all of dealers and GM reports for two weeks. They could not find it. When it got here, I could find no damage except for excessive hood side gap on both sides. Have had transmission problems the whole life. I always think something happen to it. But had no evidence to not take the truck.

The sales manager and salesman agree with me not to take it. They said lets see first see what gm is going to do about it. If im not satisfied we can then order another, find one and go get it, or give me my deposit back.

Why not have them order another one now, that way you are not wasting time waiting for GM to decide what they are going to do. If you end up taking the truck they can cancel the order or GM can expedite the new order if that is the way you end up going.

The sales manager and salesman agree with me not to take it. They said lets see first see what gm is going to do about it. If im not satisfied we can then order another, find one and go get it, or give me my deposit back.

Good at least the dealer is backing you!! Good on em!!

My truck came in today finally and I was excited. I checked the truck out and I noticed the rear dr wheel had overspray all over it. I felt the qtr panel above it and it had overspray on it and trash in the paint. This makes me sick. It sat at the train yard for 17 days awaiting transport 1.5 hours away. We were wondering what was taking so long. Im almost positive it got damaged there and the shipping company had it fixed. Obviously I didnt accept it and the sales manager us calling GM to tell them about it and see what they are going to do about it. They would have to make me one hell of an offer to take it. Im sure it can be wetsanded but who knows what really happened to it. This sucks!!!!!

Oh no! I am truly sorry to read that your vehicle arrived any thing but perfect. I know you were beyond excited for its arrival. Private message if I can be of any assistance.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Archived