Seat Movement Issues

JL83,

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your Silverado regarding your seat moving. I am more than happy to look into this concern for you. Private message me including your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Three times now my dealer has tried to fix my seat issue along with a myriad of other problems with no luck. This last time they told me there is nothing else they can do...literally "nothing else they can do". Thank you GM! Once again you instill confidence in your consumers.

Have you all noticed there are no lights around your radio knobs too? They are there. GM can't figure out how to turn them on. See post below.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152662-any-new-2014-silverado-owners-having-issues-with-their-truck/page-30?hl=%20drivers%20%20seat

I'm currently negotiating with GM for a buy back and even that is handled with the grace of a monkey trying to hump a football.

Start brushing up on your state's lemon laws. This truck is a nut filled turd.

It would be great if one of those guys who has access to the GM parts diagrams could take a look at the power bucket seat frame and see where the pivot point are. It seems to me you might be able to shim these points to take up the slop/slack, but hard to tell with the seat on there....hence the parts diagram..

Add me to the list of seat clunkers, Mines a 2014 Sierrra SLT CREW seats are leather heated and cooled power. Clunk or shift on braking acceleration at times turning into driveways etc. cant do by just wiggling something is loose. Hate to start the whole argue with the dealer thing, just got back into gm after a hiatus for 7 years hope its not a mistake. Love the truck aside from this. As its my main commuter will have to see when I can do the dealer dance. Don

• Like 1

I have over 5300 miles on my Silverado, no seat issue yet. Makes me wonder why some have it and other don't.

Mike

It may have a lot to do with an individual's body weight. Lighter people probably experience fewer problems.

It may have a lot to do with an individual's body weight. Lighter people probably experience fewer problems.

I wasn't thinking in that matter, I'm more inclined to think that maybe there was a manufacture change or something along those lines.

Mike

I was thinking while weight may be a large factor, that I would be interested to hear if this is something taller or shorter people are experiencing. For the most part, taller people will adjust the seat to a similar positon to other taller people, and the same for shorter people. Therefore there may be some similarity between drivers who are experiencing these issues?

I am 6' 5" and 240 and I know I tend to have the seat further back then most due to my legs.

My point being that the movement seems to be in the track and maybe if the track is fully extended/back then the track receives less support or interaction with its support brackets. I have been sitting with my seat further forward than normal and the interaction between the seat track and the track frame mounted to the floor is much greater and I havent experienced the movement yet......knock on wood?

I wanted to try and shim the space between the floor mounted track and the seat mmounted track portions to see if that helps as the next step. You can see at the front of the track that they have done just that, but I dont see the same shims at the back.

• Like 1