Seat Movement Issues

3 hours ago, Yotaman said:

I put the rubber and hose clamps on years ago and have had to tighten em up a couple times since. They worked great but I had to keep the front part of the seat at it's highest point or it was still a bit loose. I did the washer fix this weekend and left the hose clamps and it is solid any way I go. I also tightened my G210 and 218 ground points to try a correct my Brake and Stabiltrac alarms and so far so good but I still think they will return. A shame we have to fix all these issues years later cause GM never could. My truck is nice but never again GMC..... I will be Yotaman again next time around. Thanks for the fix whoever "engineered it "

Yotaman

Very true, and ya know...they could  have they just chose not to, kind of how they are letting all the 2019 buyers be their R&D team.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I see I'll be applying this fix on the driver's seat soon. Had my 2016 for a little more than a month and this should be the last adjustment for a while. This forum is great, fixed the rattle in the dash and now the seat that seems to knock around on turns. Battery went on Saturday so I feel confident I'm in good shape.

• 2 weeks later...

I came here to post that I fixed my seats and posted a thread about it in this same forum. I noticed above something about hose clamps and washers etc so someone else may have already came up with a fix but I took my seat apart found the issue and my seats are perfect now.

All I needed was a few tools and some tape. The problem appears to be looseness in the plastic pieces on the front side of the seat cushion. I fixed mine. Will see how long it lasts but for right now they are 100% perfect

PLEASE if you have comments or updates on my method post them in my thread so I can keep up with it, I'd like to know y'alls experience using my method.

here is the thread

Edit: I just read a little bit on the washer method for the bolt that "doesn't tighten all the way". I'm a tech and there are a lot of bolts like that on pivoting pieces. If you smash everything together it wont allow the pieces to pivot and rotate. 

My fix removed all movement and noises and does not restrict movement or put extra strain on that motor. 

Dammit I went back a few pages and saw there is a bulletin on fixing this and it's similar to what I did. It does include bracing the white plastic pieces I modified by wrapping them in tape. Well if yall feel like trying my method it's working great. 

A mixture of all methods is probably best..

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2014/SB-10072596-0335.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Funny I just saw this. I noticed this as soon as I bought my truck in 2015. Took it in for the first of numerous recalls to be told that they couldnt find an issue so I gave up on it. Might shifts to the left slightly if you hit a bump while going around a curve.

Good to know.

J

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to throw my log on this fire.  First off, I purchased my 2014 Crew Cab Z71 in 2014.  Withing a few weeks I felt the seat moving when I took turns.  At first I wasn't sure if it was just me or the seat.  I finally had my dealer look at it.  It took three separate trips to finally get it fixed.  They installed new shims.  So fast forward six years later and it started showing its ugly head again.

My truck is no longer under warranty, so I began thumbing through this forum.  I saw the post about hose clamps and was very skeptical.  I decided to try it this weekend.  I did what someone posted about by purchasing two hose clamps and two of the braces with the rubber.  I tried installing them but I had a hard time getting the clamp started.  So I removed the rubber and installed the clamps right next to the white plastic pieces.  I went for a test drive, and to my surprise there was NO movement!!  I took several hard left and right turns and it was solid.

I came home and used my ratchet and socket to make sure they were really snug.  This is so awesome.  Now it is sad that we spend 45k on a new truck and end up going ghetto with hose clamps, but if it works it works.  I am very happy.

God bless the person who gave us this fix.  I am so proud of this forum.  I have posted a couple things I have done and I trust they are helpful.

If your powered drivers seat is moving when you make left and right turns, grab a couple 1" hose clamps and look under the front part of the drivers seat and you will see a white plastic piece on a bar that runs horizontally.  Place the clamp on the outside of each white piece.  Snug them down and you will no longer have the undesired movement.

I hope this was not too long, and helpful to anyone with this issue.

~Be blessed.

• 3 weeks later...