Playing Videos on MyLink / Intellilnk

So I can't figure out how to play a movie file on the MyLink system.

I have a 2014 Silverado with the 8" touch screen.

I called customer support a couple times and did everything they recommended and still no luck. I have MP4 and DivX movie files on the SD Card and when I try to locate them on the MyLink system it says I have no files on the SdCard. It will locate the music files and play them off the SDCard but no video movie files. The truck is in park and parking brake is set.

Has anybody been able to play movie files on their MyLink sytem?

Is there another way to play the files like off my Iphone or with the actual DVD in the DVD player?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jennifer

Yes that is who I have spoken to a few times. I just want to make sure that I am using the correct file format and/or if there is another way to play the video/movie files other then the SD Card. Or is there something I am missing.

Thank you for the response back.

Hi Jennifer

Yes that is who I have spoken to a few times. I just want to make sure that I am using the correct file format and/or if there is another way to play the video/movie files other then the SD Card. Or is there something I am missing.

Thank you for the response back.

Blkmrkt,

I did reach out to my internal resources. I do not know if you have tried this but they suggest that it may be the SD Card that you are using. Have you tried using more than one SD Card and still have the same issue?

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

It's not worth it for video. I tested several videos of various sizes and file types. For the ones that did work, the playback was choppy and out of sync with the audio.

You can watch video with the truck in Park. If you put truck into gear, the video playback stops but the audio will continue.

• 4 weeks later...

I've thrown all different types of videos on USB and SD cards but they've been really hit or miss, I only got one random .WMV file to play and everything else I've tried doesn't even appear under 'Videos'. Has anyone gotten this down that can help me out? Thanks so much in advance

Edited by MotoMedic
Added Topic Tags

Sorry guys. Time got away from me, but here goes.

First, I did this on my Android phone. Not sure if it will get the same results on Apple. Second, I'm not that tech savvy, so someone might come up with something easier. Third, I found that it only works when the truck is in park. I'll play around more with it and see if there is a tweak.

1. Get your video that you want to play onto your external SD card on your phone. There are several ways to do that, but legally I wouldn't want to explain how. If I can figure that out, anyone can. When downloaded, it probably will be in mp4 format.

2. In the google play store, there is an app called Media Converter. The logo is blue and green with a white arrow. Download that free app. Sometime in the process it will direct you to download another app from the same developer, do that one too.

3. Once downloaded, open the converter app. Choose the video file that you downloaded in the first step and choose the file type ".3gp". A half hour TV show took me about 15 minutes to convert.

4. Once converted, remove the micro SD card from your phone and place into the adapter and insert in the SD slot in the armrest.

5. Push the media button on the dash, and select SD.

6. Push MENU then whatever the far choice is on the right. Then another menu comes up with podcasts, videos, and two other choices. Push videos. At that point, your file should be a choice to select. Select it and watch your video.

After a few seconds the intellilink menu will go away and the video will play on the screen.

Again, if I can do it. You can too!

Good luck!

• Like 1