Aftermarket Floor Mats / Liners

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had the husky but I have heard great things about them. People on this thread said they liked them. I like the weathertech that I have as it covers the floor very well and all the curves.

You can go with either one I think.

I like my Husky Weatherbeater (two pieces) for the front. Good warranty. The price difference was a lot between WeatherTech. No complaints.

I have a question for you guys with weathertec's. Do they get slippery when they get wet? i have never used them before, but they just look like if they get wet, my feet will be slipping all over the place.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:

Just saw those Aries mats above....I think I will be sold on those bad boys. They look really nice. Plus that rubber grip near the pedals is a GREAT thing

So, I guess I will be the first to say, yes they are slippery when wet; wife doesn't like them. I really like the WeatherTech mats otherwise and seem to fit better overall. Both WeatherTech and Husky floor liners (I've used both) are plasticky (hard plastic vs the OEM soft rubber type) to me and have their challenges staying put - they are slick and tend to slide, especially on the passenger side. Somewhere I read to get a floor mat anchor from WeatherTech, drill a hole in the passenger mat and anchor it to the carpet, but mine still slides.

I am thinking of trying these Aries 3D mats. The Youtube video shows how easy they are to clean, but they seem more pliable and maybe a little cushioned?

On another note, I know the WeatherTech floor liners cover the complete floor in the back under the seat. In my 2011, the Husky floor liners did not cover the entire floor. Perhaps one reason for the price difference? I cannot remember...

I have a question for you guys with weathertec's. Do they get slippery when they get wet? i have never used them before, but they just look like if they get wet, my feet will be slipping all over the place.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:

Just saw those Aries mats above....I think I will be sold on those bad boys. They look really nice. Plus that rubber grip near the pedals is a GREAT thing

So, I guess I will be the first to say, yes they are slippery when wet; wife doesn't like them. I really like the WeatherTech mats otherwise and seem to fit better overall. Both WeatherTech and Husky floor liners (I've used both) are plasticky (hard plastic vs the OEM soft rubber type) to me and have their challenges staying put - they are slick and tend to slide, especially on the passenger side. Somewhere I read to get a floor mat anchor from WeatherTech, drill a hole in the passenger mat and anchor it to the carpet, but mine still slides.

I am thinking of trying these Aries 3D mats. The Youtube video shows how easy they are to clean, but they seem more pliable and maybe a little cushioned?

I mever noticed it being slippery. Have you ever though of using Velcro underneath to stick it to the carpet? I dont think you would need that much.

On another note, I know the WeatherTech floor liners cover the complete floor in the back under the seat. In my 2011, the Husky floor liners did not cover the entire floor. Perhaps one reason for the price difference? I cannot remember...

Thanks. I will stay away from them.

The aries are super easy to clean, they do have a cushion feel and the best part is they cover as well if not better than weatherteks and cheaper$$$$$

Picked up the Aries 3D too. Love that they have the grip of rubber and not slick.

IMG_20140408_175552_zpstppszjtk.jpg

IMG_20140408_175656_zpsdhsfqyyk.jpg

IMG_20140408_175626_zpsq2chqrfd.jpg

IMG_20140408_175613_zpsc5gaazp8.jpg

Are these considered black or grey in color when you purchased?

Thanks. What Tim said...what color do you have in the pictures? It almost looks gray. My carpet is "charcoal" so I tend to go with black.

And I found a Promo Code on Offers.com for 10% off at AutoAnything.com making them $89.99 each row. The Promo Code is good for the next 2 days.

Thanks. What Tim said...what color do you have in the pictures? It almost looks gray. My carpet is "charcoal" so I tend to go with black.

And I found a Promo Code on Offers.com for 10% off at AutoAnything.com making them $89.99 each row. The Promo Code is good for the next 2 days.

Agreed it looks grey. I just placed my order for the grey mats and hopefully im right in my choice.

My truck finally arrived and had a chance to install the Aries mats in my crew cab. Here's my opinion.

I am returning the set for the sole reason that the rear mat for some reason is too wide. With both doors shut it actually bunches up the mat. Tag showed correct mat for my model. Maybe a mix up, who knows.

The mats seem to be a nice change of pace from the Wearthertechs. The fit is similar with not quite as much coverage as weathertechs. The look and material is much more suited for these nicer truck interiors. If the fit is right for your truck, you will not be disappointed.

These mats will not be the death of weathertech or husky though. Those mats still serve a great purpose, and I may I end up going back with weathertech.

Archived