Ryobi 2200watt inverter generator

Well I got a ryobi inverter generator since I moved down here to FL. Well today I filled it with oil, and fuel and started it up and checked it out. Well, so far it performed very well. I first let it run for a while then I put some load on it to see how it would run. First was a flood light set, and it did not miss a beat, did not kick it above Econ mode. Then hook up a portable 9200btu A/C unit, and it ran it with no problems. It did rev up a little once the compressor kicked on, but the gen was not maxed out, I added the flood lights and still no problems. I then disconnected all that stuff and plugged in the full size garage refrigerator and it ran with no issues. Tomorrow I gotta see if it will run the AC and frige at the same time. All in all at $500 bucks I'm pretty happy.(550 then a 10% military discount). I will also say it's pretty quiet for a generator. I can have a normal conversation right next to it in Econ mode and it running at the higher rpm a few steps away and I can still have a normal conversation. I think if I got it on a 20ft extension cord it will be quiet enough to use in tent camping.

• 3 weeks later...

2200 watts should run just about everything in your house except the hot water heater, central a/c, and stove. Do it safely. Get a switch installed to plug the gen right into the house. Turn off breakers for stove, HW heater and main a/c. An electrician can fix you up for a couple hundred bucks.

• 2 months later...

Well I got a ryobi inverter generator since I moved down here to FL. Well today I filled it with oil, and fuel and started it up and checked it out. Well, so far it performed very well. I first let it run for a while then I put some load on it to see how it would run. First was a flood light set, and it did not miss a beat, did not kick it above Econ mode. Then hook up a portable 9200btu A/C unit, and it ran it with no problems. It did rev up a little once the compressor kicked on, but the gen was not maxed out, I added the flood lights and still no problems. I then disconnected all that stuff and plugged in the full size garage refrigerator and it ran with no issues. Tomorrow I gotta see if it will run the AC and frige at the same time. All in all at $500 bucks I'm pretty happy.(550 then a 10% military discount). I will also say it's pretty quiet for a generator. I can have a normal conversation right next to it in Econ mode and it running at the higher rpm a few steps away and I can still have a normal conversation. I think if I got it on a 20ft extension cord it will be quiet enough to use in tent camping.

I wouldn't hold out for long term durability.

I am a small engine mechanic/generator/tool repair technician, and I can tell you that anything Ryobi or Ridgid is pure junk.

Interesting, have you seen any of these go thur your shop? I have had good luck with ryobi and ridgid stuff, granted I am a regular homeowner/DIY guy. For my worm drive circular saw that's a ridgid it's have been great for the last 8 years!

Archived