In the market for a 2014 Sierra 6.2, questions.

So I am kinda in a bind and looking for some opinions.

I have been looking at the '14 Sierra for quite sometime. I was currently driving a car and wasn't needing trailering ability much so the farm vehicle was working out. My plan was to pick up the 2014 in a few months when some nice rebates came out. I wanted the (LTZ,Crew,All-Terrain,Cooled Seats, Sunroof, 4X4, 6.2 and I realize the 6.2 isn't starting to be built until the end of the month)

I was in no hurry for something new until.....

Some chick driving an older model F150 destroyed my car yesterday.

I do some traveling on the weekends and the farm truck and my sidekick just aren't made for the trips (I can make a shuffle around with the family to make things happen for a little while). I also really am not into paying MSRP on a 2014 6.2 right now but I don't want to settle for less in a new truck as that is what I want and I will be keeping it for a while.

So, how long am I looking until I will be able to budge off the MSRP of something around 49,000? Is it possible to pick one up for $41,000?

Now I am going to miss out on the 1,000 and 750 dollar trade in credits which is real unfortunate.

I'm just looking for some opinions on how long I need to prepare for a waitout for some kind of a decent deal on the truck. I don't want to just burn $8,000 dollars if a 6 month holdout will save me that.

Oh, and here's the damaged car just for the heck of it.

post-124635-0-22800200-1381342447_thumb.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're not going to be discounting these trucks much at all for the first year, and they CERTAINLY won't be discounting the top of the line models w/ the 6.2

Good luck getting one though, get in line so to speak...

I noticed that Laura Buick GMC was selling some of the 5.3L's for around 8,000 off. I didn't know if it was some gimmick or not. What would be a realistic discount for me to expect off of one MSRP $50,000?

I don't know if it helps, but I am in Arkansas where it's truck country. Every dealer around me has 30+ '14's always on the lot. I live around 115,000 people with three GMC dealerships in a 30 mile radius.

Welcome to the forum. Glad your ok. No idea on how long you have to wait, but don't settle.

Any idea on the word if the 6.2s are still going to start production on the 29th?

You won't be able to get cooled seats with the all terrain

I actually was making fun of the cooled seats until I drove one and it was nice not having your back sweat.

I drove a local one (although it was maroon and not my favorite color, and a 5.3) but it was allterrain and had cooled seats. It was the demo so maybe it was some kind of special setup.

I'm pretty sure it was all terrain.

EDIT:

I'm sure you know a lot more than me about them, so maybe I am missing something, but their website says that "There are no conflicts resulting from this choice." when I select it. Maybe they just changed it or something?? Now you've got me curious!

Oh, and what kind of rebates do you guys know about that I can use?

I know I have a Farm Bureau - 1,500

Current - 1,000

My parents get private offer GM Card discounts and right now one of them is on the counter for 1,500 but can I use those, or do they have to be on the title if I receive that discount? Oh, and whatever they have built up in points which I believe is around 1,000.

I don't want to be a dick and want to do the right thing so is it a bad move to throw the 1,500 farm bureau and if applicable the Private offer rebates out at the last possible minute?

I know at forst the all terrain as not available with cooled seats, that may have changed

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

I know at forst the all terrain as not available with cooled seats, that may have changed Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Just called a local dealer for the heck of it. Apparently you can get cooled with All-Terrain and starting at the end of the month you can get the colored bumper with the CornerStep too (which doesn't matter to me).

Oh, and on the website it says "Off-Road Suspension Package - $0" and you can check it where it stays no charge. Is that redundant to All-Terrain Package and just not setup to grey out when selected or something?

Ktreece,

I did some research on the Farm Bureau Credit rebate a few weeks back Be careful, I don't think you can combine the $1,500 GM private offer AND the Farm Bureau private offer.

http://www.texasfarmbureau.org/newsmanager/templates/Benefits.aspx?articleid=10735&zoneid=161

"Farm Bureau's Private Offer does not stack with other Private Offers, such as Owner Loyalty"

http://www.texasfarmbureau.org/benefits/GM_Announcement.pdf

"The Farm Bureau discount is stackable with some incentives and non-stackable with

others. See dealership for full details."

Also, be careful, depending on the truck you want the Farm Bureau may only give you $500 the standard discount. If you want a reg cab, or heavy duty you get the $1,500.

Just a heads up.

Also, DO NOT tell the salesman you have G.M points from the credit card. Also, I wouldn't even tell them about the private offer from GM. For you to get the very best deal, you need the salesman to think you're not getting much rebates and you say "I just can't pay that much"

Best of luck to you!

Archived