In the market for a 2014 Sierra 6.2, questions.

I hear you about wanting to wait it out for some better rebates. I've been wanting to jump on a 2014 since they came out but just cannot do it at the current out the door prices. Maybe after another month or two of Ford and Dodge offering their big discounts and thereby lowering the GM sales, GM will finally give in and start to offer some more discounts. But I wouldn't count on that.

I think you should bite the bullet and get the truck. A few extra thousand extra is not going to be much more per month on the loan. And remember that trucks keep their value pretty well and you said you plan to keep it a while anyway. It's worth it even if you end up paying a few thousand more than you had hoped. Maybe try ordering the thing without some of the options that you can install yourself later (running boards, under-seat storage, bedliner, etc).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won't be able to get cooled seats with the all terrain

Pissess me off. You have to pay Like $4K more for the all terrain package over a SLT and you still cant get cooled seats. Whats up with that GM?

You will be able to find a dealer to discount the truck under invoice it may take a lot of work and emails but there are, for a lack of a better term, whores out there who will make next to nothing to move a unit. BUT the big rebates? You'll be waiting until next spring/summer...

Me and my dad both bought 2014's this week. He got his for 45k and it was listed at 53k and I got mine for 36,300 and was listed for 42k. Even though these trucks just came out the dealers are still going to try thier best to get you behind the wheel of one. Ohh and on a side note, I drove a 6.2 high country (dealer press truck) on tuesday and didn't find the 6.2 to be that big of a jump in power compared to the last gen. It had a louder and deeper sound but didn't feel a whole lot more powerful. I'm not saying you couldn't feel the difference, it just wasn't as much of one as I thought. This might be because these new trucks are deceptively fast, they are so much smoother now that you don't really notice how fast your going until you look down and actually see how fast that needle is climbing.

Me and my dad both bought 2014's this week. He got his for 45k and it was listed at 53k and I got mine for 36,300 and was listed for 42k. Even though these trucks just came out the dealers are still going to try thier best to get you behind the wheel of one. Ohh and on a side note, I drove a 6.2 high country (dealer press truck) on tuesday and didn't find the 6.2 to be that big of a jump in power compared to the last gen. It had a louder and deeper sound but didn't feel a whole lot more powerful. I'm not saying you couldn't feel the difference, it just wasn't as much of one as I thought. This might be because these new trucks are deceptively fast, they are so much smoother now that you don't really notice how fast your going until you look down and actually see how fast that needle is climbing.

Great info! Where are you located?

I hear ya on the new motor, but being that this will eventually turn into a farm truck in its life and carry with me for years and years, I might as well wait for the 6.2. If I knew it would be traded in or sold down the road it would be a different story. I just know if I don't wait and even if the bottleneck is the transmission, I will always hope I got the 6.

I'm up in Canada, Caledon Ontario to be exact. The delaer I went through is called McMaster and threy are on HWY 9 just east of HWY 10. You can either talk to Chad (sales) or Danny (owner). They are great guys and they are very reasonable and flexible with prices.

Just read that you were from Arkansas so this info won`t do you much good haha sorry.

I think I'd find a cheap deal on a beater to drive for a bit, while you wait to find (or order) a truck exactly like you want...and for the price you want. Then, when you make a deal, you can sell the beater to help pay for the tax on the new rig....or trade it in to get the $1000 cash back, which ever choice will save you the most money.

I think I'd find a cheap deal on a beater to drive for a bit, while you wait to find (or order) a truck exactly like you want...and for the price you want. Then, when you make a deal, you can sell the beater to help pay for the tax on the new rig....or trade it in to get the $1000 cash back, which ever choice will save you the most money.

Yeah so the trade in, is it anything running to get the 1500 on top? Or can I drag that sob in?

Give that engine a little break in time, and the tranny to do more "learning" you'd probably sing a different tune. Also - the last gen 6.2 trucks, at least if you're comparing to a denali, were AWD so may "feel" like you're getting up and going quicker

Yeah but it looks cooler

I know. I like the all-terrain interior as well. But how hard would it have been for GM to integrate cooled seats. Come on Its close to a $50K truck and your cant get cooled seats. Or HIDs

I know. I like the all-terrain interior as well. But how hard would it have been for GM to integrate cooled seats. Come on Its close to a $50K truck and your cant get cooled seats. Or HIDs

They got to cut costs somehwere, every little piece adds cost. I'll put it to you this way: besides a full-size truck, what other vehicle out there can you buy for $50,000 that has a heavy duty/powerful/reliable/fuel efficient V8/tranny, can tow nearly 10,000 lbs, can comfortably seat 5 (or 6), has full leather interior, all the options these trucks come w/, 20" rims, fully boxed frame, etc. I mean look what $50,000 gets you in the luxury car segment, pretty much the SAME interior ameneties of a high end pickup, but NONE of the utility, no 4wd (may have awd), So the truck manufacturers trying to keep up w/ the demand for higher end materials and gadgets have to draw the line someplace because they STILL have the added manufacturing expense of producing a vehicle that is actualy heavy duty, functional, and capable.

The amount of steel alone in a full sized CC pickup vs. what is in a traditional luxury car will drive up the costs before you start talking about techno gadgets.

Try the site again. My locals said it's now an option. Also, you can add it online with no conflicting options.

They got to cut costs somehwere, every little piece adds cost. I'll put it to you this way: besides a full-size truck, what other vehicle out there can you buy for $50,000 that has a heavy duty/powerful/reliable/fuel efficient V8/tranny, can tow nearly 10,000 lbs, can comfortably seat 5 (or 6), has full leather interior, all the options these trucks come w/, 20" rims, fully boxed frame, etc. I mean look what $50,000 gets you in the luxury car segment, pretty much the SAME interior ameneties of a high end pickup, but NONE of the utility, no 4wd (may have awd), So the truck manufacturers trying to keep up w/ the demand for higher end materials and gadgets have to draw the line someplace because they STILL have the added manufacturing expense of producing a vehicle that is actualy heavy duty, functional, and capable.

The amount of steel alone in a full sized CC pickup vs. what is in a traditional luxury car will drive up the costs before you start talking about techno gadgets.

Cooled seats are a $650 option on the SLT. But when you pay $3000 for the all terain your cant add the $650 seats. Its not about cutting costs. The buyer would still be paying for it. I just dont get why you cant get the cooled seats on the all terrain but you can on the regular SLT.

Try the site again. My locals said it's now an option. Also, you can add it online with no conflicting options.

I just tried it again and it does not work. I also spoke to a guy that tried to order one from the dealer and they said sorry cooled seats are not an option in the all terrain.

Yeah so the trade in, is it anything running to get the 1500 on top? Or can I drag that sob in?

I think as long as you can drive the thing in there, you get the trade credit......but I'd look into it first, so you don't make a fool out of yourself, haha.

Archived