Open Infotainment Project

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

were you guys interested in altering the calibrations or actually installing you own software?

Use our own software.

Need to learn more about the bootloader. I found a dev screen by pressing power+home+menu.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So did everyone just give up on development of this thing?

When I heard this system was open source I got visions of custom themes, and taking advantage of the hardware in new and exciting ways... Like gauges and stuff.

Let alone enabling Android Auto or free use of backup cam for less than the $1,000 other companies charge...

Hello! I have a 2015 Yukon and would really like to upgrade the infotainment system. I am very interested in finding a more cost effective and better solution than current mod vendors' solutions. There has to be a better option(s). The current "upgrade" options are barely an upgrade, especially for $1000+. We seem to have all the needed resources and data to truly upgrade the Intellilink/MyLink/CUE system. How nice would it be to use google maps in your GM vehicle?!

That said, I'm won't be much help on the coding side but I'd be happy to provide any info from my truck and try stuff out.

Thanks!

Andres