Sad, Sad Day...I hit a deer

Yes, my 2014 slt is 3 weeks old and hit a yearling at 75mph on Wed night.

Hit her dead center. I am very glad she was small. If she would have been much bigger don't think I would be sitting here right now.

Crushed in the grill, damaged the radiator, crushed in bumper, cracked right drivers light and no worky, killed off my front collision sensors, and happened way too fast that I did not notice any lights or anything. I am super bumbed out right now.

Have 500 comp deductible and should be getting fixed next week. It is still driveable as we drove home from where it happened about 45 miles. Its worse in person.

So any one that wants to see her back up and running please feel free to donate to the deductible fund LOL.

Have to have a sense of humor as I was just down right sick yesterday.

post-123964-0-75823700-1381544813.jpg

That sucks. They were just talking about deer dangers on the news the other night. How this is the time they are mating and really active at dawn and dusk. It could be worse..could have been a drunk woman who stepped in front of you at 40 mph. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

No!!!!!

Man I feel your pain, I really do!

I really hope the ins company and the repairing shop/dealer get you all taken care of quickly.

Where in texas did you hit the deer? Im in Killeen, its a dangerous route from here to El Paso (thats home), ive ducked and dodged so many deer, its scary!

Very unfortunate but there's always a bright side and that's that your okay and no one was hurt. Parts can be replaced, you can't.

The deer very much would like to beg to differ...

But seriously, glad you're okay and thank goodness for insurance!

Yes, my 2014 slt is 3 weeks old and hit a yearling at 75mph on Wed night.

Hit her dead center. I am very glad she was small. If she would have been much bigger don't think I would be sitting here right now.

Crushed in the grill, damaged the radiator, crushed in bumper, cracked right drivers light and no worky, killed off my front collision sensors, and happened way too fast that I did not notice any lights or anything. I am super bumbed out right now.

Have 500 comp deductible and should be getting fixed next week. It is still driveable as we drove home from where it happened about 45 miles. Its worse in person.

So any one that wants to see her back up and running please feel free to donate to the deductible fund LOL.

Have to have a sense of humor as I was just down right sick yesterday.

I'm very sorry to hear you hit one. Been there, done that, it's not fun. I'm of the opinion if you live or spend a lot of time in heavily populated deer country, an investment in a good bumper will not only very likely pay for itself at some point in the truck's life (many times over in some cases) but the peace of mind it gives you for all those years is worth just as much. For me it's time in Montana where the big ones go 250+ lbs so they can really cause a lot of damage.

Unfortunately it'll be a few months before most companies have stuff available for 2014's, so far I'm leaning toward this one from Trailready when available:

Bullbar-lights5x_lg.jpg

Hey man, super sorry to hear about your misfortune. I was a little sick for you when I read your post. The one good thing is, no sheet metal damage. As a result, it should be like new again, ...literally. Just removing and replacing parts. I have also dodged lots of deer in Alabama. Sure glad it wasn't any worse, good luck in the future!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I too have dodge many a Deer on I-35, almost tagged one several years ago on my Harley. You want to talk about pucker factor!!

Hopefully you'll get her fixed soon. On the Bright side, thank god it was a Texas Deer and not a Colorado white tail.

You might want to look into dropping your comprehensive deductible, I have GIECO and carry $50 deductible on Comprehensive. Hitting a dear is covered under Comprehensive, along with hail a rogue shopping cart etc...

Mike

Archived