Sad, Sad Day...I hit a deer

I'm very sorry to hear you hit one. Been there, done that, it's not fun. I'm of the opinion if you live or spend a lot of time in heavily populated deer country, an investment in a good bumper will not only very likely pay for itself at some point in the truck's life (many times over in some cases) but the peace of mind it gives you for all those years is worth just as much. For me it's time in Montana where the big ones go 250+ lbs so they can really cause a lot of damage.

Unfortunately it'll be a few months before most companies have stuff available for 2014's, so far I'm leaning toward this one from Trailready when available:

Bullbar-lights5x_lg.jpg

Yep that one locks like it will work. Most for the lite weight ranch hand stuff they use around here can cause more truck damage than no guard at all. Is there a brand name or just a local custom?

Hope they get it fixed quick.

I've never heard of anyone having trouble with a RanchHand. Most of them have pipe on them. I don't like how the buckstop ones don't wrap around as far. It's nice to have the lower middle bar too. Getting a bumper is an awesome investment if you live in an area with lots of deer.

52f4b204-55f2-4aba-8338-546917651a50_zps

Archived