2014 Price Increase

MikeNH

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Article in Detroit auto news reported that MSRP was increasing $1500 starting with units produced in beginning of October. I've been buying new GM trucks my whole life, but will have to consider Ford this go around.

Just read about this on Leftlane News website. I wasn't buying one to begin with, but I'll never consider it now. These prices are getting out of hand.

I wouldn't worry too much about short-term pricing. Same thing happened in 99 and 07. My 2011 had a sticker of 38,500 and I wrote a check for 30,500 the day I picked it up (no trade). They'll overproduce and prices will HAVE to drop else they'll bleed (more) share to Ford/Dodge. If I had to buy today, I'd be in a F150 based on price alone. Thankfully I don't plan to be in the market for 2-3 more years.

And yes, the WSJ had a recent article about how the 'early adopters' have bought, and now GM will have to compete on product and price, and doesn't appear to be winning on either of those fronts.

They've have been reported going up 6.5%. I got out my window sticker and went to the Chevy site and built my truck piece by piece and matched everything up. Came up to $51,735 before rebates, etc. We know they have gone up, but has anyone heard an official reason?

I don't think $4,000.00 to $5,000.00 off on a $43,000.00 truck is enough to get anybody excited! JMHO.

Well keep waiting then is all I gotta tell you. It's better than the $1500 they were offering when I bought mine. Good thing I had supplier discount. Plus not all trucks are in the 43K plus range. Mine was stickered at 37K and it's the exact truck I wanted. I don't buy what I CAN'T afford.

Sigh, more and more I think I'm going to be waiting to buy until the new F150 comes out next year. I think that may be the first chance at a decent price on these things. I thought the price was too high BEFORE this recent increase.

I may even just watch the used market and pick up a Sierra from the last generation for now. While I prefer the 2014 in every way, I have way more other toys the money could go towards.

so just to clarify, GM is restickering units already on the lot?

I don't thing they will resticker trucks in stock. At least they didn't before.

When my 2010 came in my salesman called to tell me there was a price change. Gm sent over anew window sticker. My heart sank until I was told it was $1000 cheaper. They (can't say who for sure) dropped the 6.2 L up charge on my truck :)

Ryan

I bought a Sierra SLE CC std bed yesterday and was not subject to the price increase. The salesman (internet sales manager) said he did not think they would resticker the existing stock

I order loaded SLT 10 days ago, dealer called today and said price went up $1600 plus he could not get the truck by the end of October so I would lose my $1,000 GM bonus discount. So in effect $2600 price increase on the truck, told the dealer to cancel the order, that is BS. Going to look at Ford's tomorrow, screw GM

Wouldn't you shit yourself if you cancelled and they came out with $3k in rebates?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't you shit yourself if you cancelled and they came out with $3k in rebates?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The price increase was planned all along to kick in when the 2013 inventory was gone, but it kind of stinks that it affects pending orders.

The dealer probably won't cancel the order they will just put the truck into inventory. Also if the dealer can get the invoice before the end of October they could make the sale before the truck arrived to preserve the incentives.

This price increase had a lot to do with me not ordering one, but searching dealer's inventory in a few hundred mile radius that still had the 'old' pricing.

The crew cab BASE PRICE went up $1500 this exact time last year as well. Think $1250 or maybe $1000 on ext. cab.

Took photos & posted it up here at the end of Oct last year.

That said, LET THEM SIT A BIT(Feb-April?). When the redesigned Fords & Rams came out, they got top dollar for the time frame. Granted, that was 2009-2011(Ford motor update) & the p/u market was in the tank. When the new F150 rolls out next year, am sure they will not be knocking $10-$12k off of them for a long while too.

GM will also have the Colorado/Canyon coming as well. Curious how or if that will effect marketing or sale incentives.

As i read in one of the articles, GM truck pricing has gone up because GM is trying to get over on banks/financial institutions. It makes sense jack up the price alittle offer more rebates. It should help with financing, as we all know rebates and the down payment can be combined. So if a person with sketchy credit walks into a dealership puts down $3000 gm offers another $3000 in rebates, to the bank it'll appear as if the person applying for credit is putting down $6000, thus increasing his/her chances of securing a $30k+ loan.

Archived