Premium Gas – Worth it?

GMC-AT

A 50/50 blend of regular and premium (91) so 5% respectively. If the station only carries 94 its around a 70% 87 to 30% 94 ratio and you get e10 as both are 10% ethanol. Mid grade blending is done at the gas station.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cost has been a wash for me, combination of hwy/cty driving. I have noticed though that using the higher octane (I use 89 or 93) the ticking sound that comes from the DI doesn't seem to be as loud. It definitely makes the motor run more smooth.

I have a 04 Ram with a 5.7 the same holds true with it. If I run 87 it ticks like crazy. It's been that way since it was new

Recommended only for optimum performance. Especially on the 08 and older like that poster. Compression on them was only 9.6:1. My mothers 06 Hemi gets the same mileage and drives the same no matter the fuel lol. And its actually quite respectable at between 18 to 20 mpg highway. The 09 up 5.7 is 10.5:1.... and my 09 was just as gutless and useless on 91 as 87.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

A friend of mine just got a new drum of E85 so I will fill up this week when I'm empty and compare fuel economy to the 94. I'm guessing I'll drop down from the 25.6 I have right now to about 20 so we will see. I also made time to go to Neetronics to use their dyno so I can play around and give everyone some hp numbers. My intune and intake should be here either monday or tuesday.

Archived