Post Pics of Your 2014+

Cross posted on Black Truck thread...but here is my first spring wash this year, finally washed away the winter grime and oxidation from the past several months!

**Damn, i just realized I took this pic before I put the tire shine on!  oh well...large.5c8fa744cf2ff_washedt.jpg.f6fd128e8cab8e0f6d20c49893eb92a7.jpg

Edited by spenpet
  • Like 3

Cross posted on Black Truck thread...but here is my first spring wash this year, finally washed away the winter grime and oxidation from the past several months!

**Damn, i just realized I took this pic before I put the tire shine on!  oh well...large.5c8fa744cf2ff_washedt.jpg.f6fd128e8cab8e0f6d20c49893eb92a7.jpg

I wish my tires looked like that with no tire shine on them... How do you get them so clean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jgraves13 said:

Sure why not! It fits the topic

Heres the progression over about a 9 months. Lifted it with coil overs, got some purdy wheels, debadged the chrome and replaced emblems with black. Color matched the bumpers and mirror caps, Corsa exhaust, did a 2500 hood conversion then added the ADD chase rack with the light bar.

Added a link to view it. Hopefully, it works. https://photos.app.goo.gl/wQuSdpgU7dwYQhDm9

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ge0rge said:

I recently put sealant on my tires, typically last 4-5 months, no greasy mess, no sling, completely dry to touch. Looks like new after every wash. 

resized tire.jpg

What brand of sealant, and how do you like the Nitto's?

• Like 1

Just got the Nittos the end of February and like them so far, and they look great. The sealant is Turtle Wax Endura Shine Tire coating, its an acrylic sealant. They stopped making it quite some time ago, it never caught on in the stores,  I think the price of $22 was high. But a bottles lasts like 2 years. I went around to all the stores in 3 counties and made deals for it at $8 a kit, came with tire applicator and a big bottle of tire cleaner, I ended up with 16 kits. I also bought the trim coating which also performs wonders, I bought 20 kits at $5. I have a few kits of each left, I ended giving a few away to other forum members at another detailing forum I frequent. 

You can buy similar products like Optimum Tire Coating, McKees Tire Coating, Black Pearl, Tuf-Shine, Adam's Tire Armor. The ones that go on with a blue tint to them but dry clear, they seem to hold up the best. The key is scrubbing all the silicone dressings off the tire until your foam from scrubbing is white. This stuff really does hold up and dries 100%, with no messy stuff left behind. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

I wish my tires looked like that with no tire shine on them... How do you get them so clean?

thank you...I don't think I do anything out of the ordinary...I spray them down with normal car wash soap (Meguiar's gold I think I use)...then elbow grease and this handy little brush...just under 50k on the tires and they can still get clean! :)

brush.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/18/2019 at 9:07 PM, RoccoMancini said:

Heres the progression over about a 9 months. Lifted it with coil overs, got some purdy wheels, debadged the chrome and replaced emblems with black. Color matched the bumpers and mirror caps, Corsa exhaust, did a 2500 hood conversion then added the ADD chase rack with the light bar.

Added a link to view it. Hopefully, it works. https://photos.app.goo.gl/wQuSdpgU7dwYQhDm9

Very tough look bud!  How do you like the 6.2L?