Post Pics of Your 2014+

1 hour ago, Ge0rge said:

I thought about topping it but with the size of the truck I seem to lean towards something quick that works. I used duragloss 601/105 polish/bonding agent on my other vehicle (Infiniti FX35), which I need to detail in the near future, held up well. Perhaps a good chance to try a ceramic coating, I dont drive it much, it's in great condition, saved for my son for when he starts to drive...less than two years. Let's just say I am not anxious for that day, he is pretty responsible but kids behind the wheel, especially mine will worry me all the time. 

The only effect from a coating I wish I had with a sealant is hardness. But considering I use a foam cannon and get majority of the crud off the paint prior to actual hand washing I think I will be ok. 

Did you use an All-In-One with the Orange Pad, If so, which one? I also used a clay pad vs clay, a lot faster. Used some rinseless wash diluted down for lube during the process. 

I used griots correcting cream, varying pressure/pads and you can take major defects out and still finish down great, without doing another step. Ive been wanting to try a clay pad, which one did you use?

I went with Mothers Speed Clay 2.0. I was going to use a Nanoskin Mitt but it would not have came in time. I was balancing the detail schedule and weather forecast. I used Griots Fast Finishing MF pads on my wife's new Honda, loved those pads.

Bought a 2018 Denali a few months back.  Love the truck, hate the chrome so have been doing some work over the last few months de-chroming her.  After having the front end color matched, this weekend i just finished the headlights.  Pulled them and painted all the internal chrome parts satin black and installed diode dynamic switchback led's.  

IMG_9173 (Large).JPG

IMG_9175 (Large) (2).JPG

IMG_9180 (Large) (2).JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R1talin said:

Bought a 2018 Denali a few months back.  Love the truck, hate the chrome so have been doing some work over the last few months de-chroming her.  After having the front end color matched, this weekend i just finished the headlights.  Pulled them and painted all the internal chrome parts satin black and installed diode dynamic switchback led's.  

IMG_9173 (Large).JPG

IMG_9175 (Large) (2).JPG

IMG_9180 (Large) (2).JPG

Welcome to the site, congratulations on the truck, like your pup!!!

10 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Welcome to the site, congratulations on the truck, like your pup!!!

Thanks man!  We are happy to be here.  She is a water dog for sure so I need to get seat covers next.

2 hours ago, R1talin said:

Thanks man!  We are happy to be here.  She is a water dog for sure so I need to get seat covers next.

You are very welcome, 2 Alaskan huskies, and 2 Shiloh's are our "water" dogs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R1talin said:

IMG_9173 (Large).JPG

IMG_9175 (Large) (2).JPG

IMG_9180 (Large) (2).JPG

Front end looks great! How were those switchbacks for install? I've been looking at doing that install on my truck.