Post Pics of Your 2014+

6 hours ago, R1talin said:

Bought a 2018 Denali a few months back.  Love the truck, hate the chrome so have been doing some work over the last few months de-chroming her.  After having the front end color matched, this weekend i just finished the headlights.  Pulled them and painted all the internal chrome parts satin black and installed diode dynamic switchback led's.  

IMG_9173 (Large).JPG

IMG_9175 (Large) (2).JPG

IMG_9180 (Large) (2).JPG

Oh man that looks beautiful! I want to do the same exact thing to my Denali. But mines black. How did you do your grill? 

8 hours ago, Scottyz71 said:

Front end looks great! How were those switchbacks for install? I've been looking at doing that install on my truck.

Thanks!  The switchback install was easy, hard part was taking apart the headlights.  The old rubber butyl adhesive was nice cause it became very pliable under heat.  This permaseal stuff just gets brittle and cracks off.  Still used a head gun to be able to work it but it took about 4 hours per headlight to get them apart.  Only thing I don't like about the diode dynamic kits (this is my 3rd switchback install i've done on my vehicles) are electrical connectors they supply.  They are suspect at best so I just soldered the wires direct into the factory harness.

7 hours ago, babyj713 said:

Oh man that looks beautiful! I want to do the same exact thing to my Denali. But mines black. How did you do your grill? 

The grill is actually 5 separate pieces, the emblem, the mesh (3 pieces) and the outside trim.  So I just took it to a local painter and had the mesh done in gloss black and the outside trim and emblem edge color matched to the truck.

IMG_6164 (Large).JPEG

3 hours ago, R1talin said:

Thanks!  The switchback install was easy, hard part was taking apart the headlights.  The old rubber butyl adhesive was nice cause it became very pliable under heat.  This permaseal stuff just gets brittle and cracks off.  Still used a head gun to be able to work it but it took about 4 hours per headlight to get them apart.  Only thing I don't like about the diode dynamic kits (this is my 3rd switchback install i've done on my vehicles) are electrical connectors they supply.  They are suspect at best so I just soldered the wires direct into the factory harness.

Yea that's usually the hardest part is splitting them apart. I had done my Porsche headlights a few years ago to convert to projectors and HIDs, I was always worried about moisture after the fact