Post Pics of Your 2014+

On 5/22/2019 at 10:29 AM, rkj__ said:

My Sierra doing what it does best.

e06273067d46c56d54534ccaa3c7ca27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.. good looking cargo rack.. and it looks like you're parked on top of a piece of the Canadian Shield there as well

Picked up this Metallic Bronze 72k mile '16 on Monday, warrantied until 2022 (biggest reason I went for it), after returning from the dark side; back to Chevy from my '04 F150 SCrew FX4.  I love that truck, but its just getting to need too much on a weekly basis to trust on East Coast-wise trips the half dozen times a year we do them.  I'd had the cams out to rebuild the entire timing system and replace the oil pump (standard 5.4 3v problems) in my garage over the winter, and just recently rebuilt the 4x4 actuation and was about to deal with broken exhaust manifold studs when I'd decided that I'm tired of neglecting all my other chores.  After my complete garbage '17 Z-71 I'd sworn off modern GMs... but this one has NONE of the issues that plagued that one and has restored my appreciation of GM.  I was actually on the way to buy a Ram when I saw this one on the lot and checked it out; in the end it came down to a "gut feeling" about the dealer more than anything, because honestly apples to apples I'd prefer the Ram any day (having owned both before). 

First orders of business: today I replaced the cabin filter, transfer case and front and rear differential fluids.  They'd clearly never been replaced before (as expected on any modern vehicle).  Transmission next week, and wheels/tires when these run down.

58042917684__EF0811BA-40C6-4D80-B6E9-7D7D1F5F299E.JPG

58042943895__26B3ADB8-EAFA-4ACE-961D-57A8486FCB19.JPG

58042948893__5DF8E229-4904-4B7F-9AC1-E98C191D424C.JPG

IMG_5346.JPG

Edited by dukedkt442
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. good looking cargo rack.. and it looks like you're parked on top of a piece of the Canadian Shield there as well

Thanks, the rack works well.  We had a nice trip to Killarney Provincial Park.  I love the north!

1 minute ago, Cann0nF0dd3r said:

Just picked up a new to me '16 GMC Sierra Denali. Traded my Silverado, wasn't originally planning on it but wanted a longer bed and the deal was just too good to pass up. 

image-3.jpg

Congrats

On 2019-05-25 at 10:27 PM, Cann0nF0dd3r said:

Just picked up a new to me '16 GMC Sierra Denali. Traded my Silverado, wasn't originally planning on it but wanted a longer bed and the deal was just too good to pass up. 

image-3.jpg

Great looking rig.  6.2 or 5.3 ?  Still quite a few leftover 2018 models up here in Ontario, Canada.  Lots of pre owned  16-17 models but really high mileage on many most of them.  Congrats on the truck and keep us posted on modifications.

Cheers ....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

Great looking rig.  6.2 or 5.3 ?  Still quite a few leftover 2018 models up here in Ontario, Canada.  Lots of pre owned  16-17 models but really high mileage on many most of them.  Congrats on the truck and keep us posted on modifications.

Cheers ....

Thanks! 5.3, I looked at a 6.2 but it had more miles and didn't have as many options and for what I need the 5.3 is just fine. 

Have't posted in awhile. Not much new other than finally got it de-badged, corrected and coated. Probably exhaust and tune and a couple small things and that'll be it for this year. 

IMG_1999.thumb.JPG.7151ff530bdd47f2536e28f2d41f4865.JPG

• Like 4