Post Pics of Your 2014+

Hey everyone, been awhile since I've been on here...thought I would posts some pics of the new truck I picked up last week...

I'll have to take some better pics when I get her all waxed up this weekend. :)

So far I've Just tinted windows and replaced cargo, backup and license plate bulbs with LED so all the lights match up, looks much better.

Next is painted tailgate handle and PPF followed closely by getting my subs back in and a possible muffler upgrade...

Where did u get the rear LEDs from? Heard most bulbs are too big for the license plate housings. I've ordered hid kits and led bulbs from xenondepot.com.

9e98ad48e51994be4bb72f7a52d0c626.jpg color matched the grille, headlights and bow ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good . that's the way they should come off the line.

• Like 1

Where did u get the rear LEDs from? Heard most bulbs are too big for the license plate housings. I've ordered hid kits and led bulbs from xenondepot.com.

I got the cargo and backup LEDs from Amazon, they are JDM ASTARs

Cargo:

http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Chipsets-Reverse/dp/B00K3GBRQ2/ref=pd_sim_263_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41jsepPgr-L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0ZVA32JEQVHG1BZYXESQ

Backup:

http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Reverse-Parking/dp/B00MUF1APW/ref=pd_sim_263_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41biPJCoo1L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0J07BGHB02G4KY65JNM4

The ones for the license plate are Pilot brand I happened to find at Wal-Mart and they fit great, be sure to push them down all the way into the socket though.

Pilot:

194 LED

I will be selling them and the tires too in about 4-5 weeks.

The BFG's were just put on at Thanksgiving. Ton of tread left.

Sadly I'm not in the market for them at the moment. They'd be a great buy if I was.

• Like 1

That's only the second 1500 in my life I've seen with a 5th wheel setup. How's it pull?

Tell you what, I have towed with my parents 2012 duramax 3/4 ton, my grandfather's 2006 durmax 3/4 ton, our 2002 dodge dually 1 ton farm truck, and our 2013 dodge dually 1 ton, and this 1/2 ton pulls that 20' steel gooseneck stock trailer like nothing. Its just a curt under bed gooseneck hitch too, nothing fancy.

When you load it up with 10 or so 600lb yearlings its working, but it not dogging it. I don't drive like a raped ape either, empty i'll drive 110km/h and loaded i'll drive 90-100 depending on how windy it is. Side winds really suck the fuel, something like 25-29L/100km, but when there is no wind or a tail wind I typically get 21L/100km.

Air bags are a must though. It doesn't squat it down that much when its empty, but when you get animals that like to stand at the front of the trailer and not evenly dispurse some of the weight over the axles it will squat it down a couple inches with out air bags.

All and all it hauls pretty good. By all means it ain't no duramax, but when its within the GVWR, its pretty hard to justify spending $45g on a 1/2 ton that can tow what you need, than buying a 3/4 ton duramax for $75g.

• Like 1

I got the cargo and backup LEDs from Amazon, they are JDM ASTARs

Cargo:

http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Chipsets-Reverse/dp/B00K3GBRQ2/ref=pd_sim_263_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41jsepPgr-L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0ZVA32JEQVHG1BZYXESQ

Backup:

http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Reverse-Parking/dp/B00MUF1APW/ref=pd_sim_263_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41biPJCoo1L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0J07BGHB02G4KY65JNM4

The ones for the license plate are Pilot brand I happened to find at Wal-Mart and they fit great, be sure to push them down all the way into the socket though.

Pilot:

Thx

How do I post pics guys? It keeps saying photo is too big. Just installed 22s and Nittos on my truck. Wanna share w you guys

Best to sign up on imgur and just host them, theyll be links to embed them.

Its just a curt under bed gooseneck hitch too, nothing fancy.

I was gonna ask if that was the B&W turnover ball. How do you like your Curt? My girls are getting more and more into horses and my F-I-L has a gooseneck already. He traded in the tag trailer.

I was gonna ask if that was the B&W turnover ball. How do you like your Curt? My girls are getting more and more into horses and my F-I-L has a gooseneck already. He traded in the tag trailer.

The curt is nice. We have a B&W in the new dodge, they are basically the same. I might be wrong, but I think curt is Canadian made? It was roughly $120 cheaper and I added the 6" off-set ball to keep it away from the cab a bit more. On top of that they shipped it to my farm for free.

I didn't install the B&W, but the curt was pretty easy to install, just a little time consuming. Took about 5 hours to install (but there was quite a bit of beer drinking in between lol)

• Like 1