Post Pics of Your 2014+

Anyone think this might look kind of cool on a black 2016? The first truck i ever liked was my neighbor's pristine 454SS in the mid 90's- i was obsessed with that thing. I will be debadging the "silverado LT" script this weekend and was thinking of going all the way and adding this tailgate graphic- thoughts?

9091ct454ss.jpg

• Like 1

awesome truck, but i wanna hear about the GTR and M5 :noway:

lol i cant post about here, the m5 just has a tune and exhaust 700hp, the gtr has full bolt ons on e85 and tuned, around 800 crank hp . both fun cars for sure.

• Like 1

How do you like those racks? I need one or two for some fishing kayaks and was worried they might tear up the weather stripping.

Took off the Thule racks and got some pics today. I hope they help. The foot back for these trucks come with the little foam spacer piece. I guess it helps the foot not scratch the paint and mold to the door frame..? You do have to pull down your weatherstripping to install these, which required a good bit of leverage. The weatherstripping isn't loose now, but does have a little more give in that area now. Barely noticeable though, I tried to video it but couldn't really show it. I'm thinking it will tighten back up with the sun.

89ee5ee331875738523adf484b7d04d6.jpg

b588243dfbad2a5b997749a81efdadbc.jpg

2d85cdcabf26bb63ccf5ac4c1f0ffe43.jpg

49baa0f4d0afe77f0d3aa620e4978f52.jpg

c4718d8a036db2f379bd0953ec95c4be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took off the Thule racks and got some pics today. I hope they help. The foot back for these trucks come with the little foam spacer piece. I guess it helps the foot not scratch the paint and mold to the door frame..? You do have to pull down your weatherstripping to install these, which required a good bit of leverage. The weatherstripping isn't loose now, but does have a little more give in that area now. Barely noticeable though, I tried to video it but couldn't really show it. I'm thinking it will tighten back up with the sun.

89ee5ee331875738523adf484b7d04d6.jpg

b588243dfbad2a5b997749a81efdadbc.jpg

2d85cdcabf26bb63ccf5ac4c1f0ffe43.jpg

49baa0f4d0afe77f0d3aa620e4978f52.jpg

c4718d8a036db2f379bd0953ec95c4be.jpg

Oh awesome. Yeah that definitely helps. I was really uncertain how the bases mounted/fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh awesome. Yeah that definitely helps. I was really uncertain how the bases mounted/fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was, too. The Thule "fit" page is really crap. I had the feet for my '09 Silverado and looked at the site and thought they would work for '17. The overall model of the feet are the same, but it requires a different "fit kit" or something, which is the longer, contoured metal clamps and different rubber pads to fit the roof. You have to be an expert at ambiguous website deciphering to figure that out though. Luckily REI carried the right "fit kit" locally [emoji1360]

What is the wheel/tire size/combo? What is the drop in front/rear?

I have been thinking about 2" level in the front and putting 20" wheels/33" tires, but I am starting to like the lowered look.

It is the 5/7 drop. The wheels are 24s and i can't remember the tire size but I can look tomorrow.

Anyone think this might look kind of cool on a black 2016? The first truck i ever liked was my neighbor's pristine 454SS in the mid 90's- i was obsessed with that thing. I will be debadging the "silverado LT" script this weekend and was thinking of going all the way and adding this tailgate graphic- thoughts?

9091ct454ss.jpg

Not mine eb846469f527469ac4f74f4c7546719f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was, too. The Thule "fit" page is really crap. I had the feet for my '09 Silverado and looked at the site and thought they would work for '17. The overall model of the feet are the same, but it requires a different "fit kit" or something, which is the longer, contoured metal clamps and different rubber pads to fit the roof. You have to be an expert at ambiguous website deciphering to figure that out though. Luckily REI carried the right "fit kit" locally [emoji1360]

So, do you think the weatherstripping will fair pretty well besides a little extra give from the install?

So, do you think the weatherstripping will fair pretty well besides a little extra give from the install?

I do. This version of the feet fit kit from Thule doesn't crush the weatherstripping like the '09 model did. Instead, you pull away the weatherstripping and the clamp goes straight on the body. It seems to be much improved, although it is a bit unnerving peeling it back for the first install.