Backup camera upgradable?

kelub

Hi folks happy new years. I'd like to share to the thread that the 2019 Silverado LT camera that I have has very poor quality.  I have a loner Traverse and the quality is nearly HD like quality night or day. The Silverado camera is grainy and even flickers. 

This is literally the only thing I am disappointed with in my new truck. I traded my truck in last week. I went from a 2017 Sierra base with 7" screen to a 2018 Sierra All Terrain with 8" screen. The picture quality on the reverse camera (night and day both) is far inferior on the new truck for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Do you guys really back up that much? 

My wife’s 19 camera is awesome but it’s 5 years newer than my 14 LTZ.  I’m only in reverse for 20 seconds at most so not a big deal to me.  
When i can barely see my hitch ball yes everyday

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Since no posts were created about replacing camera with another afyermarket one I just bought a backup camera off ebay. Think i have a spare connector in garage. Will try and repin a connector and test it. Keep you all updated.

Post #60...

On 12/16/2019 at 11:14 AM, movario said:

You can actually get it for $2 cheaper directly from CameraSource:

https://camera-source.com/automotive-cams/gm-oe-fit/2014-2015-sierra-silverado-hd-replacement-camera.html

I haven't tried it yet but am thinking about it.

hello im new to the forum but i literally just bought a "like new" 2014 silverado LT Texas Edition and the first thing that stood out that i dont like, (i dont necessarily hate it) is the qaulity of the video. glad to see this is a actual "thing". I hope there is a replacement.

hello im new to the forum but i literally just bought a "like new" 2014 silverado LT Texas Edition and the first thing that stood out that i dont like, (i dont necessarily hate it) is the qaulity of the video. glad to see this is a actual "thing". I hope there is a replacement.
Im working on swapping out the camera with 1 from ebay. Waiting for it to come in

• 2 weeks later...
any updates ?

Might have fried the new camera trying to wire it in. Had no luck getting it to work. Got the stock camera to play threw a tablet. Picture was a little better but not wow. Changed out the radio to a pioneer. Picture still shitty. When it gets warmer here i will dive into it more. I dont remember the aftermarket rear camera on my saburban with a pioneer radio being shitty.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...