Is a LC9 5.3 flex fuel good to go for Propane?

I believe proper propane engines have different rings, harder or improved valves, higher volume injectors, higher compression etc. That all sounds like the flex fuel rig I have now. Even has a higher compression at around 10. There has to be some reason propane setups differ from alcohol but I don't know what. Do you? A 104 octane fuel source for 2 bucks per gallon has my attention. I don't want a conversion that ends up half ass like trying to use a lower than proper compression, or risking the valve train.

Thanks in advance.

Beginning April 13, fleet and retail consumers can place orders for the
Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500 HD extended cab pickup trucks
that utilize a bi-fuel drivetrain. Like the Compressed Natural Gas and Liquid Propane Gas bi-fuel van offerings from GM,
the trucks use a modified 6.0L Vortec V8 that is capable of seamlessly
running on either CNG, LPG, gasoline, or a mixture of each. The trucks
meet all Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air
Resources Board (CARB) emission certification requirements.

Thanks

I had read that release. Seems like I remember the trucks come as gas and are set up for propane or cng by a authorized installer.

I guess those engine specs would be available at some point. I just know a thing about me reading a list and not knowing enough to know what I would be missing when it comes to a modern fueling system.

I thought I would drive mine a bit first. It's only got 90k on it.

I don't think the changes for E85 go all the way to things like valves and such. To do it right you'll likely be doing an engine rebuild.

I suspect something like that. I just cant find alchohol fuel specs for engines.

Archived