Re-learn TPMS after tire rotation?

32 minutes ago, DMT6 said:

What's the procedure for doing the relearn? 

1 hour ago, calltrex said:

Looked at those. Bunch say batt and charger not included.

Special batt?

Just a reg 9v batt?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yep, 9 V

They are matching your TPMS to the frequency range your truck came with. There are a few frequency ranges out there so they need to pair it up with the frequency your vehicle can communicate with, otherwise the TPMS will never pair to your truck.

I bought this pairing tool from amazon on prime day: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BK693N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

It's the same tool as linked above on ebay for cheaper. Mine came with a 9v battery but it was dead as hell. If you find that when you hold down the pairing button for 5 seconds or longer that the low bat light flashes you need a new battery on the pairing tool. 

When I rotated my tires and had to remap the sensors I started at the drivers front tire and went around the truck clockwise (left front>right front>right rear>left rear). It's super easy to pair them up and your horn honks to confirm the tire is paired and the pairing process is completed so you know you did it.

My only suggestion is to get a tool that can pair different frequencies if you run multiple vehicles. Confirm by the RPO code what frequency your vehicles work on so you can use one tool for all your vehicles if possible. I am lucky that my Silverado works on the 315mHz frequency the same as my girlfriends Hyundai Accent so we can pair one anothers tires up to the car.