02 silverado auto dim mirror mod/ oem fog lights

Ok I'm new trting to add auto dim temp cp mirror and oem fog lights. It seems the truck is pre wired for everything. I found mirror harness In Head liner and have ordered mirror and temp sensor. I have the plugs under dash fuse box for temp but no sensor under hood. I'm trying to figure out were to connect temp sensor. Also trying oem fogs. Have spot for relay and switch in dash but no harness running to bumper. Any help woild be great pics would be great too

cant help with the mirror , but i put factory fogs in my 02, had to cut lower valance then just ordered a black one from lmc truck for a 06 suburban, had the fogs cut already, then their is a guy on ebay that has a wirering harness(stand alone) that way you can control the by just adding a switch and can have them on whenever you like very easy to do. i would suggest heating the new fogs up in the oven at 160 degrees for 10 min. then peel the lens off and rip out the metal reflector out(it falls out eventually anyway) the use a clear plastic epoxy to seal them back up, also their is a vent hole in the back of them covered by a piece of breathable tape, peel thet off and get some 4mm plastic tubing and epoxy that in their and runn it up under the hood so you dont get water in them trust me i took me 5 sets to get them too last !

I've been looking at the Gentex mirrors and they come with a temp sensor that has a wire that goes back to the mirror. Your temp sensor is placed near the front of the truck and the sensor wire will run into the cab. Once you get inside the cab It connects to the harness with the power wire. Then you run the harness up the window pillar, tuck the wire in across the front of the headliner and then out again to connect to the mirror. If you don't have a probe wire in the headliner I suspect you just need to run that wire separate.

Mike

Archived