Front License Plate Filler and Rear Seat Belt Comfort Guides

Anybody get the front license plate filler and/or the rear seat belt comfort guides included with their truck?

My truck didn't include either one. I need the part number for the rear seat belt comfort guide if anybody has it. Thanks.

Jeff

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a PA resident, bought my 2014 Sierra SLT-AT from a dealer in NJ, meaning that no front license plate filler was included (front license plate required in NJ, not in PA). When I asked the dealer, I was basically told I'm SOL. For a $40000 truck, I'm kinda disappointed that I have the shell out even more $ for a part of the vehicle that is included by default elsewhere.

My DC did not come with the rear seat belt comfort guides. Dealer parts guy said the CC models do and was surprised that my DC didn't. I gave him a copy of the pages from the Owner's Manual to show him what they look like. He then tried to order them. They came in with pins on the end instead of the clip needed for the DC (these are the type for the CC). Contacted GM Customer Care through the forum. Jennifer provided part no. 20944862. My dealer parts guy is looking into this part. I can let you know what I find out.

TX requires front license plate holder, so my truck came with one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The front license plate bracket is actually an option that must be ordered. I chose not to get it.

The issue is that if the truck is shipped to certain states the bracket is a forced option. So say living in MI with no front plate I got a truck from Ohio, I'd have the bracket instead of the filler panel.

Understood...didn't know it was a forced option in those states.

When I had C5 & C6 Corvettes, we attended lots of American Lemans Series races & met people from around the country who also came in their Vettes. Those who lived in states that require front license plates hated them so much that many just took a chance on getting a ticket rather than mess up the looks of their ride.

My DC did not come with the rear seat belt comfort guides. Dealer parts guy said the CC models do and was surprised that my DC didn't. I gave him a copy of the pages from the Owner's Manual to show him what they look like. He then tried to order them. They came in with pins on the end instead of the clip needed for the DC (these are the type for the CC). Contacted GM Customer Care through the forum. Jennifer provided part no. 20944862. My dealer parts guy is looking into this part. I can let you know what I find out. TX requires front license plate holder, so my truck came with one. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks. That part number (20944862) must be right. Customer service at gmpartsdirect.com did research for me and gave me the same number. I'm working on getting a pair of them now.

The issue is that if the truck is shipped to certain states the bracket is a forced option. So say living in MI with no front plate I got a truck from Ohio, I'd have the bracket instead of the filler panel.

On the 2014 Sierra the front has mounting holes for a plate, so a bracket probably isn't a forced option there since the plate can attach directly.

The issue for me is that I really wanted the filler panel. I had to order one because my truck did not come with it. The part number is 22877653 but heads up that might not be right for All Terrain.

Jeff

checked on comfort guides for belts for the grand kids in my crew cab they did not come with it and parts guy having a hard time locating them also. I had to buy my cover plate for the front license even though my state does not require one so the truck was supposed to be shipped with the cover. So GM support if the states without front plates automatically get the cover why was my not there, and if the crew cab comes with one or even two comfort guides where are these also. Good thing I like the dealership and love the truck.

Anybody get the front license plate filler and/or the rear seat belt comfort guides included with their truck?

My truck didn't include either one. I need the part number for the rear seat belt comfort guide if anybody has it. Thanks.

Jeff

The front plate plastic filler piece (technically called the "GMC COVER PKG") is automatically deleted by the factory on trucks being shipped to states that require front license plates. I'm sure GM figured why waste money on extra plastic that people in those states can't use anyway.

I ran into the same problem when I bought my truck in Texas (which requires front plates) but registered in Louisiana (where no front plates are required). GM Corp wouldn't send me one. I spoke to the manager at the dealership in Texas and they ended up ordering one & covering the $80 cost. You might try a similar route...

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever get the comfort guides? Did they look like the owner's manual pages? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes I finally got them. They look exactly like the ones in the manual. GM part number 20944862.

Archived