Rcdlr issues?

Hey guys, I went to leave for class tonight, remote started my truck, let it run until it turned off, tried to start it again and it wouldn't start. The doors didn't unlock, I didn't think much of it. When I got on the highway in stopped traffic to go to school the tpms light started flashing along with the service tire monitoring system message, and 2 sensors won't read anymore.

I already read online that both these systems are controlled by the RCDLR. Does it sound like mine went bad and needs to be replaced? I already pulled the fuse for 30 seconds and it didn't fix anything. Did I miss any diagnosing steps? Does it sound like I need to replace this thing? Any help is appreciated.

The code doesn't go away though, and the remote start works. It worked fine when I got out of school, I ran the diagnostic again and the code was still stored in there for the TPS, then when I got home the fob wouldn't work again...

It's not the remote start, its everything remote. Door lock/unlock, alarm button, ect.

Edited by elite0259

I had the same issue about a year ago. Took it to the dealership and my RCDLR had lost its programming. They tried reprogramming it numerous times without any luck. They ended up replacing and reprogramming it for $400+. Needless to say, the most expensive accessory repair I've had to experience. No trouble since then

I had the same issue about a year ago. Took it to the dealership and my RCDLR had lost its programming. They tried reprogramming it numerous times without any luck. They ended up replacing and reprogramming it for $400+. Needless to say, the most expensive accessory repair I've had to experience. No trouble since then

I was afraid of that... I don't think it lost it's programming though because it works intermittently...

Anybody know the location of this thing? I want to trace the wires and see if anything's loose, and yes Rob, I'll be getting it scanned this weekend as well. :)

• 6 years later...