LED Aftermarket Reverse Lights / Pods

My Rigid reverse lights & Whelen strobes (pink arrow in pic) installed:

are your back up lites mounted to the bumper or hitch frame ? any problems with mug/road salt . if you did it again would you still used rigid or a cheaper one ????

are your back up lites mounted to the bumper or hitch frame ? any problems with mug/road salt . if you did it again would you still used rigid or a cheaper one ????

Hitch frame (the 4" square tubing that runs parallel to bumper).

No salt in Louisiana / haven't driven off-road yet. Can say no real dirt build up from highway rain spray/dust so far.

I'd buy Rigid again (or Vision X). When it comes to stand alone lights, which are in vulnerable positions & exposed to the elements, I prefer quality over cost savings.

Hitch frame (the 4" square tubing that runs parallel to bumper).

No salt in Louisiana / haven't driven off-road yet. Can say no real dirt build up from highway rain spray/dust so far.

I'd buy Rigid again (or Vision X). When it comes to stand alone lights, which are in vulnerable positions & exposed to the elements, I prefer quality over cost savings.

Thank you for the info . were did you mount the switch ?

Thank you for the info . were did you mount the switch ?

Dash panel above the headlight knob.

In my mind, I was thinking red illuminated switches would look great because the GMC has a red interior lighting theme... yeah, not so much. Way too much red! I'm going to swap them out soon for black switches.

post-34923-0-11125600-1390498618_thumb.jpeg

does anyone know if it is possible to wire the reverse lights to BOTH a swtich AND the reverse lights? Don't want to have to flip a switch everytime I back up the truck but also want to be able to flash irritating tailgaters and use as work lights behind the truck. Just waiting for my 2014 Sierra to come in and then I can start to experiment with some of these things. Thanks

does anyone know if it is possible to wire the reverse lights to BOTH a swtich AND the reverse lights? Don't want to have to flip a switch everytime I back up the truck but also want to be able to flash irritating tailgaters and use as work lights behind the truck. Just waiting for my 2014 Sierra to come in and then I can start to experiment with some of these things. Thanks

sure use a 3way switch, you would have on off and switched

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also, Moto, where did you get the specialty rocker switches? I apologize in advance if you already mentioned where and I just overlooked it.

I searched the web and ordered some "quality" Carling switches. When they finally arrived, the illumination failed on everyone of them. (Carling doesn't sell direct, so it could be a bad product or a shady vendor.. don't know) Next day, I happen to be at O'Reily and came across the switches you see installed. They seem well made so far, but are just too red now that I compare them to the dash at night.

Also, Moto, where did you get the specialty rocker switches? I apologize in advance if you already mentioned where and I just overlooked it.

I searched the web and ordered some "quality" Carling switches. When they finally arrived, the illumination failed on everyone of them. (Carling doesn't sell direct, so it could be a bad product or a shady vendor.. don't know) Next day, I happen to be at O'Reily and came across the switches you see installed. They seem well made so far, but are just too red now that I compare them to the dash at night.

Were they sold as a set/panel or are they just a few individual switches that you cut out inserts for in the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were they sold as a set/panel or are they just a few individual switches that you cut out inserts for in the dash? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both the Carling & O'Reilly switches are designed for 0.5" x 0.75" panel openings, so I cut similar sized openings in my dash's panel with a dremel. I say similiar b/c my cutting wasn't as exact as I would have liked! ha

Carling - http://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-switches-miniature

O'Reilly - http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=rocker+switch&page=1&sortBy=1&results=All

Both the Carling & O'Reilly switches are designed for 0.5" x 0.75" panel openings, so I cut similar sized openings in my dash's panel with a dremel. I say similiar b/c my cutting wasn't as exact as I would have liked! ha

Carling - http://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-switches-miniature

O'Reilly - http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=rocker+switch&page=1&sortBy=1&results=All

Thanks Moto! Imma look into it. Probably get the ones from O'Reilly since there is one 5 minutes away from my house

I would use a diode kit. They are used to in Motor homes that tow a car with a tow bar. They are pretty easy to install. One side to a switch, one to reverse feed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...