High frequency noise coming from dash when in 4WD

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, there will be no fix. Government Motors doesn't really care. They've sold tons of these trucks and they all have the problem. They don't see it as a problem, because they don't care about their owners at all. We should all just buy another brand next time to fix their problem

• 1 month later...

TLDR: I test drove a 2015 Silverado today. A shrill squeal can still be heard when I switched from 2WD to "Auto" on the 4WD dial. No one believes me. I might have to pass on GM.

The salesman who was riding along asked me why I switched it to 4WD. I told him about the time I rented a Silverado, put it in 4WD and heard a noise coming from the dash. I asked my coworkers who were riding in the truck if they heard it, they also said no.

I asked the salesman if he could hear the noise it was making. He said no. I asked my wife who was with me if she heard it. She said no. At this point I feel pretty crazy so I’m glad I’m not the only one here who hears it.

It might be the thing that keeps me from buying one.

I have the same issue, and after taking it in to the dealer with just 32km on the clock, they informed me it was just an electrical noise and nothing more could be done. Very strange and on a +$50k truck i would not have expected to be told to just turn the radio up! This problem and it is a problem should be resolved by GM, as it is all very well making the truck quiet inside but that means they must ensure everything else is top notch or it stands out.

It just really speaks to the lack of care or capability that has long been associated with American made vehicles. It's one thing to screw up, it's another to lie to customers by claiming its normal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Took truck in today for this and found out quickly its a GM "approved" sound. I will post up the print out they gave me later when I can scan it in. Noise drove me crazy for a week

• 2 weeks later...

What I find funny is they have the fix in the description of the issue. "The Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) on these vehicles is located next to the accelerator pedal and is not covered by any close-out or hush panels.". Design up a hush panel for it and send it out to the dealers who have a request. Why do I have to make one myself for my brand new truck?

What I find funny is they have the fix in the description of the issue. "The Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) on these vehicles is located next to the accelerator pedal and is not covered by any close-out or hush panels.[/size]". Design up a hush panel for it and send it out to the dealers who have a request. Why do I have to make one myself for my brand new truck?

They told me same thing, that buzzing sound is so damn annoying it ain't funny.

If you make one for your truck be sure to share a how to. :)

Agreed, would love have something to do. I have some extra dynamat so maybe can figure something out

• 1 month later...

Archived