High frequency noise coming from dash when in 4WD

They don't care, put simply. It isn't causing a "safety" issue, so they won't fix it. Brand new 2016's still have this same issue. It really seems like it should be an easy fix, but it's kind of like the ignition switch problem, they know it exists, but why fix it, because their cushy union jobs will be safe either way. No incentive to work any harder or fix a problem. Occasionally a GM rep will come on here and try to attenuate the situation by offering to set you up with an appointment at your dealer, but what is your dealer going to do. I would never buy another GM product again. Looking forward to the winter time when I get to listen to the bird chip in my car all winter again... it's wonderful

Speaking of the GM reps on here, I haven't seen them here in a long time. Maybe they're just not posting on the threads I'm following.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how a switch could generate that noise, likely it is the module, but it may sound like it's coming from the switch. We did get to see that they acknowledged the problem at one point, but the solution was to put sound deadening material around the module. The real fix is to replace the module with one that doesn't have an electrical design flaw, but we will never see that happen unless it causes 50 people's trucks to crash

If they don't fix it, I will have to demand that they pay me back the value of the 4wd system. I don't like paying for something I can't use. I think if everyone would put their foot down on the issue then gm would have to work on it. Money talks, and we, as consumers, encourage crappy product by ignoring issues.

.... Ahh what the hell. Joining my 2nd 'ridiculous issue' thread for the day. 6500 miles... Another painful experience with a $40k truck. I thought after reading the first couple pages and seeing how many pages there were total, that for sure GM would have a fix for this. Just another reason why I'll never buy a GM vehicle again.

Just Picked up my brand new 2015 Sierra SLT 4X4 this week and the next day had a huge snowfall, as soon as I put it in 4/auto I have been hearing the same high pitched intermittent chirp as everyone else has mentioned, other then that this truck is by far the quietest I have ever owned so its really makes this noise that much more noticeable.

Will definitely mention it to my dealer next time I bring the truck in but from the sounds of it there has been no luck in getting a proper replacement so far....

I wish I could do the same without taking a large trade in loss.

I'm lucky because I got a good deal on my truck in the first place. I ended up getting more for it than I paid when I traded it in, on top of that I got over $10k off the sticker and 0% financing. I seriously love this lariat. Shifts so smooth you can't feel itm the 5.0 has great power and fuel economy. The cabin space massive and push button start is a plus. Not to mention all the other features it has that my gm didn't.

Mine does it too. Just noticed it for the first time today when I was researching my drivetrain/diff hum... I love this truck so much - all these issues is so disappointing (and pathetic considering the cost of these trucks).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I really will never understand why GM doesn't stand behind their product.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Archived