Disabling Stabilitrak

Question is, which fuse to bypass/switch? Could start pulling one by one i guess.

fuse block X50A underhood

-JCASE fuse#3 60A ABS pump

-fuse#24 25A K17 electronic brake control module

-fuse#18 10A K38 chassis control module

Would also be nice to disable the annoying DIC chimes..

I agree, the abs on ice will cause you to over shot the stop ad it pulls the brakes way to much!

Traction control is a joke as you need to spin tires to get going, pulling the power and applying the brakes gets you no where.

Stabilitrac is a joke, it is made for stupid people that don't know how to drive, I can use the throttle and steering to save my ass, with this system you have zero control and must hope for the best.

• Like 3

Question is, which fuse to bypass/switch? Could start pulling one by one i guess.

fuse block X50A underhood

-JCASE fuse#3 60A ABS pump

-fuse#24 25A K17 electronic brake control module

-fuse#18 10A K38 chassis control module

Would also be nice to disable the annoying DIC chimes..

In the other post they said they pulled fuse #3 the ABS pump fuse.

no way to stop tie DIC chime, it is a function of the BCM module and would require custom programming of the BCM which there is only one person I know of that can do that.

LOL

The first diagram is completely wrong. A counter steer in a vehicle controlled by a typical stability control will end up in multiple sorts of predicament. Correcting a correction will result in a mistake.

OK, maybe I missed something, but that link says nothing about how to temporarily disable stabilitrak, which is what this thread is about.

Agreed, but might help some understand what it is trying to do, what a yaw rate sensor is trying to detect.

Edited by redwngr

• 3 weeks later...

LOL

The first diagram is completely wrong. A counter steer in a vehicle controlled by a typical stability control will end up in multiple sorts of predicament. Correcting a correction will result in a mistake.

"StabiliTrak not only helps to enhance vehicle safety but also increases driver confidence and control."

That's a really scary thought and really dumb to try and do for a driver. Making a terrible driver more confident and willing to take risks is a recipe for disaster.

EDIT: BTW, I am not trying to defend Stabilitrack. I too wish it would stay off when I tell it to be off.

Edited by Dunc
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So I pulled a the #3 fuse. Disabled antilocks and stabilicrap. Just have to turn the traction control off. The service warnings come on when I start the truck but I just dismissed them and nothing came back again. I only drove for 30 minutes each way to work but no chimes happened. I hope this means they won't be dinging every so often.

Wish I would have done this before I hit ice and had my truck take over driving for me.

Will post if anything changes.

Finally I am in control of my truck again

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

An update. Everytime I start my truck, two service warnings come up for stabiltrac and antilock brakes. I turn off the traction control and cancel all three notices. I have made a couple 3 hour trips and there are no chimes or repeated warnings after the initial start up ones.

Much happier with the truck now.