Disabling Stabilitrak

• 7 months later...

Has anyone tried just unplugging the abs motor not any of the fuses?

If you unplug the ABS motor all you are going to do is disable the ABS system, the stabilitrak is a function of ABS, throttle, and timing adjustments to get the vehicle under control.

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2014 at 8:41 PM, Dirtbiker said:

Just an update. I finally got my new truck but I have not been able to find a work around. Tried holding the switch down but it didn't work. Talked to a tuner but he said he can't do it.

Might try pulling an abs fuse but I am scared it will go into limp mode or disable something else like the cruise control too. Anyone else had any luck with this?

Unplug steering position sensor

On 12/2/2013 at 9:55 PM, Dirtbiker said:

Hi there. I am new to this webpage. I have had 4 GM trucks over the last 10 years and just ordered a new 2014 All Terrain Sierra. I currently have a 2010 Chev 1500 and loved it but with putting 180,000 km on in only three years, it is starting to cost more for repairs than it is worth. My experiment of not trading it off at two years and 120,000km to see of repairs would be cheaper than depreciation has not worked.

I normally will not buy anything the first year of a big make over but decided this time to give it a try :)

I discovered during a test drive that, like previous versions, you can disable the traction control and stabilitrak but at 56km per hour, it automatically comes back on. I was excited to get the new model but this frustrates me. I don't need my truck to drive for me. I enjoy steering with the gas pedal in the winter and always shut the TC and stabilocrap off everytime I get in the truck.

Has anyone figured out a way to disable it so it won't come back on automatically? I don't mind having to do it every time I start the truck even.

Is this something a tuner can fix?

I have been reading posts on this site for a few days now and haven't seen this topic anywhere so I thought I would sign up and ask.

Thank you in advance.

On 12/2/2013 at 9:55 PM, Dirtbiker said:

Hi there. I am new to this webpage. I have had 4 GM trucks over the last 10 years and just ordered a new 2014 All Terrain Sierra. I currently have a 2010 Chev 1500 and loved it but with putting 180,000 km on in only three years, it is starting to cost more for repairs than it is worth. My experiment of not trading it off at two years and 120,000km to see of repairs would be cheaper than depreciation has not worked.

I normally will not buy anything the first year of a big make over but decided this time to give it a try :)

I discovered during a test drive that, like previous versions, you can disable the traction control and stabilitrak but at 56km per hour, it automatically comes back on. I was excited to get the new model but this frustrates me. I don't need my truck to drive for me. I enjoy steering with the gas pedal in the winter and always shut the TC and stabilocrap off everytime I get in the truck.

Has anyone figured out a way to disable it so it won't come back on automatically? I don't mind having to do it every time I start the truck even.

Is this something a tuner can fix?

I have been reading posts on this site for a few days now and haven't seen this topic anywhere so I thought I would sign up and ask.

Thank you in advance.

Actually, just pull the fuse for the ABS. Fuse #3 I believe. It worked. It is the abs pump fuse I think. Stabilitrak runs off the abs so it is disabled. Then you can just turn the traction control off. As long as you don't mind the dash lit up like a Christmas tree it is the easiest solution. Worked on my 2014 and now my 2016 2500.

Wow Bo nitzsche, it seems you really feel passionate about unplugging the steering position sensor.  I understand disabling the stability control system really excites you, but I'm not sure you have to post the same message in the same thread so many times.

Anyway, it might to helpful if you would inform posters if any re-calibration is required or not, after re-connecting the sensor, before a dealer visit, or if a non-professional driver will be borrowing your truck for use on a non-closed course. 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/3/2013 at 8:35 AM, TJay74 said:

So exactly why is the reason you need the stabilitrack off at speeds over 35mph????

Just because you think you are some expert driver in the snow doesn't mean you are. Try driving like a normal person instead of trying to practice your drift skills. No one wants to get hit by you when you lose control of the truck over 35mph when it is icy/snowy out.

There is no way to bypass the stabilitrack program or the traction control. It is handled by the BCM and none of the tuning programs out there modify this module due to liability reasons.

I know this is a stupid old thread but I just got a 2014 silverado and I'm trying to figure things out. This comment kind of irked me. For work I drive a 2013 chev express rwd. I was driving to work in the snow and I just started to slide towards the ditch to the right in a straight line going 40 mph. Turned the wheel left and nothing happened. Looking at my 15' deep ditch, I would have turned the wheel left, gassed it and angled the vehicle left to avoid the situation, but ST kept me from doing anything and I kept sliding until the tires hit the grass where I was able to slow down enough. I cant stand vehicles that try to drive for me. Not all of us are just doing donuts, though they are fun and doing them on purpose is way to learn how to correct it when it happens on accident. 

• Like 2