Wait time when ordering a new Sierra

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My order was picked up by GM on 15 Oct and according to the rep I contacted yesterday on the GM Chat Line it has cleared Quality Control and is sitting in the staging lot in Mexico awaiting shipment. Dealer estimated 8-12 weeks when I placed the order.

GMC SLT 2WD

CC Standard Bed

5.3L / 3.42 Gears

Quicksilver Metallic

Depends on dealers too. Many dealers have been cut off of Silverados due to overstock. They must sell some 2014's before receiving additional 2014's. Make sure the dealer you buy from is still eligible to receive stock or your order will be held.

Any idea if this applies to orders placed as "Sold" too? I would think that orders placed as "Sold" would get priority over whatever lame discipline game GM is playing with the dealerships, but I am no expert by any means. It just doesn't make sense to me that a truck I will be picking up the day it hits the lot would have a delayed build because my dealer can't sell other trucks that have nothing to do with my order, but then almost nothing in this entire process that GM has done has made sense to me...

My local dealer told me 8-12 weeks as well and that 6.2's didn't exist yet and were not on the lots, with in 2 weeks found my 6.2 truck and 1 week later drove it home.

Or the high volume dealers need to start making deals that put the final price near invoice so customers will be more willing to buy instead of trying to get MSRP - rebates.

Depends on dealers too. Many dealers have been cut off of Silverados due to overstock. They must sell some 2014's before receiving additional 2014's. Make sure the dealer you buy from is still eligible to receive stock or your order will be held.

GM also wants each dealer to get there 'fair share' of desirable models/options.

Well I ordered mine back in September around the end of the month. I want to say 27th or 28th. As of today she's on her way home but still hasn't been delivered. The trucks coming to Northern California and is passed New Mexico already but I have no exact location right now.

GM also wants each dealer to get there 'fair share' of desirable models/options.

I went to several dealerships. 18 inch rims and crappy colors on almost every lot. Why don't they just build ONLY the desirable ones then?

I went to several dealerships. 18 inch rims and crappy colors on almost every lot. Why don't they just build ONLY the desirable ones then?

Sounds like a great idea! Soon as you let them know what everybody wants they can throw away the option list.

Archived