2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

Appreciate the video!!!! I just went out and checked and went to vehicle>comfort and convenience> The only thing that is in there is to turn down the chime volume....I find that weird that everyone else has that...Could it be my computer software for it hasn't been updated??? You have an onstar icon weather icon and Pandora icon...I have none of these....

Again though I do have the option of folding them in by pushing the button on my door before I get out....

Ok, this is kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best. You can add not just a radio station as a favorite to the grey pull-up menu in the NAV screen but a contact from your phone contacts list (assuming it's paired and you have access to your contact list from the NAV screen). Go to Phone, hold between two icons (i.e. Contacts and recent) and slide your finger up, this will expose the favorite bar, press and hold on an empty space just like adding a radio station, it will let you chose a number from your contact list or recents. Now you can press this favorite and it will dial the phone number wherever the favorite bar is accessible. Nice trick I was happy to find out not to long ago by one of the fellows here at the forum.

6e3atynu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Shahar
  • Like 4

Ok, this is kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best. You can add not just a radio station as a favorite to the grey pull-up menu in the NAV screen but a contact from your phone contacts list (assuming it's paired and you have access to your contact list from the NAV screen). Go to Phone, hold between two icons (i.e. Contacts and recent) and slide your finger up, this will expose the favorite bar, press and hold on an empty space just like adding a radio station, it will let you chose a number from your contact list or recents. Now you can press this favorite and it will dial the phone number wherever the favorite bar is accessible. Nice trick I was happy to find out not to long ago by one of the fellows here at the forum.

6e3atynu.jpg

Shahar

Thank you I have been trying to figure out how to do this since I got the truck. There is nothing in the manual that I could find and no one at the dealer could help me. I was very frustrated as I have many contacts on my phone but only a few I call all the time. I set this up this morning and your instructions were perfect. The only thing I would add is if you want to set a number from your contacts make sure your contacts button is highlighted and have the recent call button highlighted if you want the number to come from there.

Thanks again

• Like 2

Pardo714,

You are right, I missed that.

Because it's not anywhere in the manual, at least not that I know of, I thought this thread would be a good fit for it.

Let me add that you can access those favorites from your small screen (sorry, don't remember the name of it) under Phone--> Favorites. Although, If you have an iphone and only the last favorite can be used and all others are greyed out you're not alone, it's a well known issue, not sure if an iphone 5, iPhones in general or GM issue. If you have an Android or other smartphone brand you should be good.

• Like 1

Pardo714,

You are right, I missed that.

Because it's not anywhere in the manual, at least not that I know of, I thought this thread would be a good fit for it.

Let me add that you can access those favorites from your small screen (sorry, don't remember the name of it) under Phone--> Favorites. Although, If you have an iphone and only the last favorite can be used and all others are greyed out you're not alone, it's a well known issue, not sure if an iphone 5, iPhones in general or GM issue. If you have an Android or other smartphone brand you should be good.

Thanks for the update I just went out and checked mine were greyed out as well, I have an iphone 5s. I hope it gets fixed in a software update down the line. At least I was happy for a little while. I did notice that when you are in the large center audio screen with the presets listed along the bottom you can slide them side to side and use the phone favorites from there to make calls, not ideal but at least you don't have to scroll through all of your contacts,

Thanks for the update I just went out and checked mine were greyed out as well, I have an iphone 5s. I hope it gets fixed in a software update down the line. At least I was happy for a little while. I did notice that when you are in the large center audio screen with the presets listed along the bottom you can slide them side to side and use the phone favorites from there to make calls, not ideal but at least you don't have to scroll through all of your contacts,

Sorry that posted funny

Appreciate the video!!!! I just went out and checked and went to vehicle>comfort and convenience> The only thing that is in there is to turn down the chime volume....I find that weird that everyone else has that...Could it be my computer software for it hasn't been updated??? You have an onstar icon weather icon and Pandora icon...I have none of these....

Again though I do have the option of folding them in by pushing the button on my door before I get out....

I just went to check my truck today too to see if I had this setting and I do not. Could this be an slt only setting? I have aan sle all terrain so iI have the folding mirrors.

Its in there. Here is a short video I just made:

I saw power door locks as an option in your vid. Does this option allow you to turn off auto door lock?? Have heard no but want to make sure.

I saw power door locks as an option in your vid. Does this option allow you to turn off auto door lock?? Have heard no but want to make sure.

On mine, it only allows you unlock all doors at once, no function for disableing them.

Mike

Its in there. Here is a short video I just made:

I think it changes like how many times to press the FOB to unlock all doors. One click opens just driver door, two clicks for all doors. Vs one click for all doors.

Sent from my iPhone.

Sorry that posted funny

Yea I have a few favorites that are phone numbers. When accessing on the smaller dash screen all are greyed except the bottom one. But if I go thru the big radio screen i can make calls directly from there. Strange issue, but doesn't really bother me that much.

Thanks

for the replies. Looks like no turn off of the auto lock in drive

etc...shoot, where are the hackers when we could use them.

I thought I remember reading a post that the dealer can disable the auto lock when in drive somehow doing a BCM flash or something. Search around the forum, im pretty sure it was on here.

Edited by fondupot

I have the 40/20/40 split seats with the 3 cup center arm rest. One thing I asked my salesman was if the rubber piece in the cup holder comes off. I could take the rubber piece out of my 09 and wash it in the sink when needed. Although it was a different design. Well I decided that I was going to find out if the new ones were removable. Here is what I found. There are 3 tabs that are molded into the rubber at the red circles. It will take a slight pull to get them lose but, they will come up. Once I got the piece out I cut the tabs off and the it fits back into the spot nicely. I am now able to take it out and wash it when needed. Also there are cuts at the bottom of the cup slots that will allow anything spilled to leak under the rubber piece. Not a good design I.M.O.

• Like 1