2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

If you hold the power button down on the radio it really turns off. Not just mute! And you get a very nice looking clock while the radio is off.

If you like the look of the clock, you can get it while the unit is on & playing music or giving you nav voice prompts.

All you have to do is touch the time display in the upper right hand corner and the screen changes to the clock... Though, on mine at least, it still shows a digital display which takes away - why have the watch face & a digital display. Oh well.

• Like 4

Pardo714,

You are right, I missed that.

Because it's not anywhere in the manual, at least not that I know of, I thought this thread would be a good fit for it.

Let me add that you can access those favorites from your small screen (sorry, don't remember the name of it) under Phone--> Favorites. Although, If you have an iphone and only the last favorite can be used and all others are greyed out you're not alone, it's a well known issue, not sure if an iphone 5, iPhones in general or GM issue. If you have an Android or other smartphone brand you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an iphone 5 and a Denali and can't get any favorite contacts to show up. Just recent calls and contact list. :(

Pardo714,

You are right, I missed that.

Because it's not anywhere in the manual, at least not that I know of, I thought this thread would be a good fit for it.

Let me add that you can access those favorites from your small screen (sorry, don't remember the name of it) under Phone--> Favorites. Although, If you have an iphone and only the last favorite can be used and all others are greyed out you're not alone, it's a well known issue, not sure if an iphone 5, iPhones in general or GM issue. If you have an Android or other smartphone brand you should be good.

I have an iphone 5 and a Denali and can't get any favorite contacts to show up. Just recent calls and contact list. :(

You have to add them first. Scroll back in this thread, I have explained how to add them up

• Like 1

You have to add them first. Scroll back in this thread, I have explained how to add them up

Did that already. Still nothing in the small screen. I was surprised.

that is weird...

Android died the same thing. Any favorites in my phone don't show up at all on the contacts list...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What do you mean 'don't show up on the contact list'?

Edited by Shahar

When I search through my synced phone contracts through the radio or the DIC any contract that I have marked as a favorite in the phone book on my phone does not show up on the list.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The DIC/NAV Favorites are separate from your phone favorites. If you want to have favorites in your DIC/NAV you have to add them manually.

• Like 1

I understand that. But What I'm saying is anything that I have addded to my my favorites in my phone doesn't even show up in the phone book that downloads into the DIC/Radio when I pair it to Bluetooth. For example I have my Dad's contact saved in my phone as a favorite but but is nowhere to be found when I search though the DIC. I have to pick up my phone and select it on my phone in order to dial the #. I'll try and take a screen shot of my phone and a picture of the DIC to show you what I mean...

Ok, I'm not really familiar with Android but here is how it works with my iphone:

I can access ALL my phone book contacts from the DIC/NAV screen under phone>contacts and dial them from there.

I CANNOT access any of the favorites I've setup on my PHONE, not under contacts nor favorites in the DIC screen.

As for your phone:

If your Dad's phone number is stored in your phone book and you can access it by going to contacts through the DIC/NAV screen then you're fine.

If your Dad's phone number is stored in your phone book and you CANNOT access it by going to contacts through the DIC/NAV screen (which doesn't make much sense, I don't see why the vehicle system randomly will sync some contacts and some not) then either GM or Google screwed up.

If you have setup your Dad's phone number as favorite ON YOUR PHONE and looking for it in the DIC/NAV screen favorites or contacts then you're fine too because this is not how it suppose to work, your phone favorites got nothing to do with the DIC/NAV favorites/contacts

Edited by Shahar

As I said I'll have to take a few pictures to show you. As I stated previously any # I have added as a favorite on my PHONE will not show up in the CONTACT list that is synced through BT to the intellilink. It's like the contact flat out doesn't exist. I'm not looking for them to be in the favorites on the RADIO/DIC just in the contact list so I don't have to manually dial it each time...

Edited by BringTheRain403

As I said I'll have to take a few pictures to show you. As I stated previously any # I have added as a favorite on my PHONE will not show up in the CONTACT list that is synced through BT to the intellilink. It's like the contact flat out doesn't exist. I'm not looking for them to be in the favorites on the RADIO/DIC just in the contact list so I don't have to manually dial it each time...
sound good! Upload some pics so I can see what you're talking about

From the what I understand in the postings, "Rain" may have a legitimate issue. If his "Dad" doesn't show up in his master contact list in the DIC, he will never be able to get it to show up on any list in the truck. Rich, if your Dad's number isn't showing up in your contact list on the DIC, there has to be some smple reason, it other contacts are there. You might try reloading your Dad's number in your phone contacts again, then see if it transfers through bluetooth to the DIC. I absolutely don't understand how one specific number will not come through if others are. Good luck buddy.

The new car delivery manager at the Chevy dealer showed me how to set a favorite from my contact list, and i love it. It's pretty neat, on my first row favorites, I have my wife's cell, our home number on the second, and my favorite FM station on the third, and two XM stations on the 4th and 5th button. If I want to call home, all I have to do is touch the "Home" button and the call goes through. It is definitely the best use of bluetooth I have ever seen in a vehicle. It is much easier than voice command in our Mercedes.

• Like 2