2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

Does dual climate control now only mean separate temperature settings? On my 2010 dual climate meant separate fan settings as well...

In what 2010? The GM trucks absolutely don't have dual fan controls. Backseat for the models with rear climate controls maybe but not for the front passenger.

Found out this trick today. Skinny pedal makes it goooooooooooooo :driving:

happy friday all!

Really I'm gonna try that one. Bet the result will be a nice pair of II :driving: Edited by Full Lock

Found out this trick today. Skinny pedal makes it goooooooooooooo :driving:

happy friday all!

Maybe your definition of skinny pedal is different than mine but yes the skinny pedal/accelerator does make it go..

• Like 1

In what 2010? The GM trucks absolutely don't have dual fan controls. Backseat for the models with rear climate controls maybe but not for the front passenger.

Maybe it wasn't fan speed...but I know for sure I could turn off the passenger side while having the driver side on...

that's pretty sweet. there's a option to get weather on your GPS screen too or does it just do that? haven't driven in the rain yet :lol:. And I run a black screen all the time, way easier to see street name IMO

Maybe your definition of skinny pedal is different than mine but yes the skinny pedal/accelerator does make it go..

had to jump for that one did ya haha

that's pretty sweet. there's a option to get weather on your GPS screen too or does it just do that? haven't driven in the rain yet :lol:. And I run a black screen all the time, way easier to see street name IMO

Just this

20140329_144205_zps351c6e74.jpg

Under 20% is what I was told

I just had mine changed Friday at my dealership, and I only have 1500 and change on the odometer. Truck was built in Sept, purchased in Jan and I asked for an oil change and got it. They told me you get 4 oil changes and I can get them at any time.

Had my truck's oil changed at 2,500 miles (6 months). Dealer service manager told me it was recently changed from 20% to whenever you want, limit 4 within 2 years from purchase. I will do mine at 6 month intervals.

Had my truck's oil changed at 2,500 miles (6 months). Dealer service manager told me it was recently changed from 20% to whenever you want, limit 4 within 2 years from purchase. I will do mine at 6 month intervals.

20% is crazy. If anyone goes that long then they need to check their oil level periodically once it goes below 50%. My 09 Suburban was at 37% when I sold it to my wifes uncle with 70k on it. I had told him it needed an oil change and that I would do it. He said not to worry about it and that he would get it taken care of. He then proceeded to drive it for a week and put 1,000 miles on it....until the CEL came on. I hooked my scan gauge up to it.....low Oil Pressure. Checked the level. Yeah, had to add 4 quarts to get the level up.

Lesson learned, don't trust the oil life meter.

Edited by PMD G8

The oil life indicator does not monitor or measure anything with the oil. It is a complex algorithm that takes engine data and predicts the life expectancy of the oil.

Check engine light will monitor the level.

Good info:

http://assets.cobaltnitra.com/teams/repository/export/975/c7820afba1004895010145efa6b30/975c7820afba1004895010145efa6b30.pdf

Edited by Gtstricky